LaScala Grill Options

He did and uses a utility knife and actually flips the speakers when Veneering. That's how he said he got such a good cut. The inside he used a very fine router bit. Now I feel like I need to upgrade my living space for them to fit in lol.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone! They are finally done and will be picking them up this weekend. Sadly the veneer is lifting away from the backer in a couple spots but should be an easy fix from what he says. Now I need to give the horns some loving! Sorry for spaming posts but have a couple good pics to show of them!

IMG_4246.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Innocent_George said:

Ok everyone! They are finally done and will be picking them up this weekend. Sadly the veneer is lifting away from the backer in a couple spots but should be an easy fix from what he says. Now I need to give the horns some loving!

If you have the k400 metal horn, they can easily be cleaned and painted. I had a pair in bad shape, powerwashed it, a little sanding, and painted them. I'm lucky to have an automotive paint booth at work, but I know others that have used rattle cans with good results. Rust o leum works great. If you have the k401 that are molded plastic, I would assume the same applies but since I never tried it, cant say for sure.

post-60988-0-04400000-1445970919_thumb.jpgpost-60988-0-90760000-1445970935_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Good to see that your La Scalas have made a safe journey to your home. The Rosewood veneer looks really good, as does your whole stereo system.

Not everything made it home safely sadly. The veneer tore on the right speaker for about an inch on the left panel on the back edge right smack dab in the middle of the speaker. Im thinking of just dying the backer as thats all you can really see (its a very light wood backer compared to others that I have seen), and you have to walk right up to it. Wont take pictures as it makes me sick to think about but I am glad as well that they are home. Father in law came over and had a blast setting them up with me and even took over replacing the tweeters when I went to go get water for everyone! It was a beautiful day and a 6 hour round trip drive. Don't think Ill be doing that again anytime soon... We have decided to put the top grills on with the fabric I showed earlier. The horns have white spots all over them, and this will be an easy and reversible fix. Plus thanks to the kindness of everyone here I already have all the stuff needed! Thanks again guys!

• 2 months later...