LaScala Grill Options

If you take the mid horns out and sand them then use rustoleum black enamel they will look awesome. Its hard to paint the inside with a brush. I never thought of using enamel spray,,lol....Oh well I got it done. 

The tear in your veneer should be able to be fixed if you got the piece. I know the feeling when my son helped me carry mine from the basement one got a bit of a scratch on the veneer but I was able to sand some of it out.

I also noticed veneering just the outside panels seems to have stiffened up the panels a lot. I wanted to document this but I forgot to do it . Maybe some one could make a video of how much stock panels move when pushing on them with your hand. Then I can make a video of how much mine don't move hardly at all??? 

Yours look AWESOME  great job .

• 4 months later...

Wow...Just WOW!  They look great.  I am talking with a guy about a pair of late 70's Lascala's in raw birch.  Hopefully, they will be mine soon.  In the last pictures it looks like you outlined the grills in black wood frame.  Is that right or just an effect of the photo?  What was the total project cost?  I cannot believe how great they look.  I am green with envy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/10/2017 at 7:27 PM, MookieStl said:

I can cut the parts for you (I have the cut files), but the grill cloth is the hard part (in my opinion) and you're on your own there. Matt can give you pointers on that front if you hear from him. He is probably working on his hot rod. They sure do turn out Purdy like cincymat's!

Hey Mookie - Looking to make a grill template for my 83’ La Scalas.  They came with the molding from the factory.  If you have a CAD you could share that would be super helpful. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Nanchucket said:

Hey Mookie - Looking to make a grill template for my 83’ La Scalas.  They came with the molding from the factory.  If you have a CAD you could share that would be super helpful. Thank you. 

It's been a minute since I've seen that file, but will give a look when I get to work tomorrow. Yes, it would be in in CAD