LaScala Grill Options

Hello everyone! 

I just recently purchased a pair of LaScalas and my fiance is hoping to have grills put on them. She said yes to the speakers and to having them in the living room so I guess I can figure out a way to do this. I reached out earlier to Matt about bass bin grills and he is getting back to me on directions for that, but I have not seen anything on the top grill. Is there a place for me to purchase them still? Im pretty sure Klipsch won't have them anymore! Any help is much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Graham

• Like 1

If you want to go to the effort the neo magnet system works great.  You would either have to drill through the mid/tw motorboard to recess the magnet (which would show unless you veneer over it or you could drill in from the back making sure you don't punch through and epoxy in the magnets from behind ( I  know this is hard having don't it!)  If you use magnets I would suggest the 3/8" magnets sold by Madisound for  65 cents each.  They are very strong.  Good luck

6 hours ago, ricktate said:

These are Mathews on forum he sold them . He did the grills though. Tops done with Bas Shoe molding.

2.jpg

Wow! what beautiful La Scalas! I think I remember seeing them someplace else. Hmmm...

IMG_0339-XL.jpg

Oh yeah, now I remember, my living room! :P

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Innocent_George said:

Hey Rick! Yes that is most likely what I am going to end up doing. I guess my questions then becomes how would I make the actual grill, is there somewhere or someone that would make a set for me? 

Seek out Matthews he did mine and is a great guy on top of everything else. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

Nope - keep that bass bin open! The LS dog house is what draws the eye. Especially when you put the wraps on that big mid-horn. Come on, Cincy - 

Didn't say I'd take them home, lookin' like that. But it's not hideous either.. :ph34r2:

I can cut the parts for you (I have the cut files), but the grill cloth is the hard part (in my opinion) and you're on your own there. Matt can give you pointers on that front if you hear from him. He is probably working on his hot rod. They sure do turn out Purdy like cincymat's!

• Like 3