LaScala Grill Options

30 minutes ago, Innocent_George said:

There is something slick about those! They look nice and clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on a set of split LSIs right now.  I like the look of the double box speaker.  Those are the ones I need the driver for.

The first time I used tung oil I had applied many coats but decided I needed one more before I moved.  I had opened the door to the garage to let some air in when a large gust of wind blew a bunch of dirt and gravel onto the side of the maple chest I was finishing.  I had to let it dry and then move before I could fix it.  30 years later and that side of the chest still has dust embedded from that day... I never got back to fix it.  When the kids are done abusing it I will finally finish it... maybe.

Anyway, beautiful job!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 10:22 AM, Innocent_George said:

UGH :( They are getting so close! I cant take it anymore! 

FullSizeRender-2.jpgT

Dear Sir, if I had known, I would not have been any part of you putting grills on these magnificent specimen.  DON'T DO IT MAN !!!

imo...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

Hey guys! Happy Memorial Day. If anyone is reading that is a veteran, thank you for your service and all that you do for this country. Due to a death in my fiancé's family we will not be able to get them home and set up this weekend. He's finishing the last part of the second speaker now as we speak. Going next weekend to pick them up. Hope all is well.

Last pic I got of the second speaker was this. Thats the front face before being routed for the horns and doghouse.

9126bef4bdf3af6981d488c580fc1ad6.jpg

I'm still debating if I want to put a top grill on or not. Black trim with the 70th grill cloth is what I plan on doing. Will just have to wait and see how they look in the area. My "workbench" is full of components for them (dual phases k55vs Ct-120s, the 4500 Crites crossover) and I've recently replaced the glass on my C34V and have ordered new tubes for my Dared DV300B mono-blocks. This combo was heavenly with the heresies can't wait to see what it sounds like with these.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Innocent_George said:

At 22 watts per channel each im sure it's more than enough to get me in trouble! This Is the only image I have of them at the moment. 1d633a64c6eb69568e0b8d79c35613ac.jpg

oh, parallel 300Bs... I have sinvle 2A3s and they are enough for me. At least my wallet says so. ;)

oh, parallel 300Bs... I have sinvle 2A3s and they are enough for me. At least my wallet says so. [emoji6]

Got them for a good price on eBay. Original MSRP is 6k and I was not even in the 1k range with price. Thought I'd give it a try. They are a Chinese made Dared amp. They seem to work well for me!

Mind the wires. Have a cloth cable hider and will tidy it all up once everything is in. Getting ready for the LaScalas. Picking them up this weekend. And yes I know I need to move my projector screen over to center it again.... They are going to be running double duty with HT and 2 channel. A set of tubes for 2 channel and an SC91 for HT. Really like the RC64 I got from @MetropolisLakeOutfitters! Thanks again Cory! 

IMG_1525.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Innocent_George said:

f3471fd79d27e1867c5d2f1605b1ed3e.jpgfd7a94515ae8dfbda2bc03e21c6bb15c.jpg

Update. One speaker down, 3 more coats to go on the other

That veneer looks awesome. Looks like he did a really good job of wrapping with the continuous flow of the wood grain.

BIG THUMBS UP!