Belles in Denver - $1500

musicook

It's close to the average selling price, just under.  I listed the condition as C due to the water marks and the unknown about refreshed XO's.  I would expect to pay closer to $1200-1300 as others have sold at that price point in that condition.

I couldn't see the s/n to date it.  Also, what finish is that?  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, minermark said:

$1250 west coast price for 30+ year olds, i am happy to see reasonable pricing :emotion-21:

Of course being Ca, a few think their stuff is gold. im quite used to seeing the asking price out here of $3K:o

Generally speaking, if you place the west coast price for Belles is in that ~$1250 range, relatively speaking where do you price La Scalas in the same A to B condition?

+++

My numbers (avg) show LS in A/B condition at $1377, with the Belle at $1631.  I know you know all the variables of condition, finish, mods, location, etc.  Those are just the raw numbers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Generally speaking, if you place the west coast price for Belles is in that ~$1250 range, relatively speaking where do you price La Scalas in the same A to B condition?

+++

My numbers (avg) show LS in A/B condition at $1377, with the Belle at $1631.  I know you know all the variables of condition, finish, mods, location, etc.  Those are just the raw numbers.

Being that im kinda looking for another pair around summer for the Rv, i do love Scalas, i like around a grand, splits maybe a tad more.

Iv paid $1250 for splits, and $1300 for finished Scalas in the past, installed crites in them and sold them for the same or less.

In 30+ years, everything takes a beating.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, that's what I was looking for, perceptions of pricing for your area rather than hard numbers.  Opus has mentioned before that Chicago is also a "soft" market where there seems to be a steady supply of Klipsch, keeping the used prices deflated compared to other areas of the country.

In my area of West Virginia Klipsch rarely come onto the used market locally so prices tend to stay high, and to find a "deal" I have to travel.  My LS's came from  7 hours away in Virginia and they were later resold to Michigan.  My Khorns came from Columbus.

+++

I forgot to mention I keep prices on LS's only in two categories, basally good condition and then Avg/below avg, the ones that end up being restoration projects rather than plug and play.  The LS's I have tracked in avg/poor condition average $1,036, high $1,400, Low $750 with 3 sets selling exactly at $1,000..

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Do you mean to have two pair and stack them or to just stack one pair for a center/mono? 

I was joking...  I did mean stack on top.  I have vaulted ceilings, but I do have way too many huge speakers already.  The Belle's are currently aimed at my roommate's bedroom, so I don't think she'd appreciate it too much.  I have the belles and forte IIs in the living room.  Altec 19's and Valencias upstairs, and the huge University Classics in the basement.  I bought my Belle's from a forum member and I drove down to New Mexico to pickup.  I've only seen asking prices for Belles in Denver all over 2k, but don't know how much they've actually sold for.