audio get together in clinton mass

gigbyt

There is another winter get together in Clinton mass coming up on feb 25th-2017.

the address is 55 sterling st Clinton mass.

usually starts around 9 am and goes to around 6pm.

anybody in the new England area or further away if youd like are welcome to come and hang out

bring stuff to sell, or demo or just chat ,make new friends.

Its a great time with like minded audio folks.

Theres food and drinks and your welcome to bring some too if youd like.

Nice day to break up the winter doldrums.

• Like 1

just a general get together of people into audio and gear. sometimes there are demonstrations and comparisons and tutorials on different matters realting to stereo. everyones in invited, there is stuff for sale, gear, records, turntables ,tube stuff etc.  its in a big mill building, 2-3 floors sometimes.(depends on whats available for unused space.) people bring food, and stereos to set up and listen to. Its an all around good day if your into audio, ht, 2ch etc. no audio snobbery, good people to chat with. you can bring a system to show off  if youd like, you would need to bring your own table for such things. Usually theres a guy there that checks minor gear issues and does minor repairs or you can work something out if its bigger repair issues.

Come and have a good time, bring a friend.

• Like 3

We are back to a basic question, what do you want out of the bass system or subwoofer/s.  It is easy to say I want a kick *** bass system but, that is not the right question..  The bass system is the most troublesome part of  the  system.  Where should the XO be, I love my mains and want them to be showcased, etc.  I truly can't offer an easy solution.  The main are no more important than a good sub in the system.  They have to work together.  There are no great drivers, etc. it all has to blend.  Blend seems to come up often.  I can't over state, putting together a system is about all the part, not just the spec's on one component unless that is the only thing being used.  With that said, using only one component will not get you there even if you think you are there. The real question is where do you want to be.  There is nothing magical about the Mains being dominant or having a well blended system.  Each can be breath taking if done right.  First and for most, the main speaker are not special.  They are a piece in  the system like all the other pieces. the supporting or supporting gear  How  and you employ them  is special and is dependent on the supporting gear.  It's not good or bad, it just a fact of reality and should be looked at  that way.  

Don't underestimate your  gear, most are well capable of getting you there an you don't need to go broke of the uber gear.  Nothing wrong with uber cost gear, except you don't have to break the bank to get there.  

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

We are back to a basic question, what do you want out of the bass system or subwoofer/s.  It is easy to say I want a kick *** bass system but, that is not the right question..  The bass system is the most troublesome part of  the  system.  Where should the XO be, I love my mains and want them to be showcased, etc.  I truly can't offer an easy solution.  The main are no more important than a good sub in the system.  They have to work together.  There are no great drivers, etc. it all has to blend.  Blend seems to come up often.  I can't over state, putting together a system is about all the part, not just the spec's on one component unless that is the only thing being used.  With that said, using only one component will not get you there even if you think you are there. The real question is where do you want to be.  There is nothing magical about the Mains being dominant or having a well blended system.  Each can be breath taking if done right.  First and for most, the main speaker are not special.  They are a piece in  the system like all the other pieces. the supporting or supporting gear  How  and you employ them  is special and is dependent on the supporting gear.  It's not good or bad, it just a fact of reality and should be looked at  that way.  

Don't underestimate your  gear, most are well capable of getting you there an you don't need to go broke of the uber gear.  Nothing wrong with uber cost gear, except you don't have to break the bank to get there.  

Derrick, I think you posted this in the wrong place

15 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Derrick, I think you posted this in the wrong place

This does appear to be in the wrong post.  I was answering a question that appeared as a notification, sorry.  Anyone can reach me as a PM and hopefully it will appear in the  right place.:D

• 3 months later...