Dam! (in CA) Part 2

wvu80

EDIT:  Part 2 of the dam problem starts about ten posts down.

+++

Are any of you guys affected by the dam in Oroville, CA? (near Sacramento)

Officials in northern California ordered residents near the Oroville Dam to evacuate the area Sunday after an emergency spillway severely eroded. 

The California Department of Water Resources said at around 4:40 p.m. local time that the emergency spillway could fail within an hour, unleashing uncontrolled flood waters from Lake Oroville.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/12/officials-order-evacuations-areas-near-damaged-california-dam.html

1486949529903.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Moderators

I was just reading all the news stories before I came here, hope everyone is OK.

California, this what everyone is talking about when we say rain, I know you don't get to see much. But it really does happen, we weren't giving you a line of :pwk_bs: all this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

California, this what everyone is talking about when we say rain, I know you don't get to see much. But it really does happen, we weren't giving you a line of :pwk_bs: all this time.

we just have so much going on out here that we get all of our rain in as short of time as possible. Not sure how Mark did up North; but, here in SoCal, it was 70 and sunny, a beautiful day at the beach.

• Moderators

Well that's better than dragging it out through the whole year,  that would put countless days without sun, unimaginable. :ph34r:

We can handle a good bit of rain here, I'm just really glad the ground does not shake, that's all I'm going to say. :unsure:

• Like 1

Morning gang

Re-assigned twice after i hit the rack last night.

This is the current statement :

The Citrus Heights Police Department, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department, the Placer County Sheriff's Office, the Roseville Police Department, the Sacramento Metro Fire Department, about a 100 CHP officers in across Northern California and many other agencies are responding to Oroville.

Nicolas Road/Shelter duty, have about an hour to be there, 30 Min north.

Things look to be calming down just a tad, panic has subsided on the public's part.

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Is your place in peril?

:o Thats funny, Minermark tends to stay on the verge of peril, problem is it's sounds like it's mostly self induced peril, which I understand, stuff just seems to happen. :D Been there.

• Like 1