Rf82ii vs. Rp280f

Gname78683

Anyone that has heard both of these or uses one or the other like to chime in with opinions? pros? cons?.. on paper they seem to be almost identical when compared to each other. Im rather torn as i already own from the rp line and love them but i can get a pair of rf82ii $550 for open box or $620 brand new and the rp280's would run about double.. are the 280's really that much better? Thanks for any input! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 11:42 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

280's are more laid back, 82ii's will be a tad bit brighter.  I prefer the ref premier stuff myself.  What are you doing with your 250's?  I wouldn't mix two different reference lines myself.  

The 250's got moved to the rear in my makeshift theatre set up. Should have taken your advice as the rf 82ii are way brighter, almost seems like the 250's sound better in every scenario.(i shouldnt say every, its only when listening to music.. movies are amazing) Is that right? Does the rp line just sound that much better even though my 250s are far smaller? Almost seems like the rf82ii are not getting enough power or something even though my amp should provide ample power all ch driven.