Jubilees' = Heritage?

richieb

I see what some people spend on high-end kitchens for their homes with the highest quality commercial kitchen appliances. Perhaps the time is right for the same support in home theatre and high-end home audio design and installation services. 

What if Klipsch created a product line to fulfill the very highest level of specification for the ultimate home installations, professional, adapted for home?        

Call it Klipsch Supremacy series!

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

When my Jubilees were built I requested that everyone who had a part in building them to please sign them and this is what I received along with pictures of many of them..!!!

Very Cool thing to do.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Bill W. said:

I see what some people spend on high-end kitchens for their homes with the highest quality commercial kitchen appliances. Perhaps the time is right for the same support in home theatre and high-end home audio design and installation services. 

What if Klipsch created a product line to fulfill the very highest level of specification for the ultimate home installations, professional, adapted for home?        

Call it Klipsch Supremacy series!

They do it for businesses all the time, these can be bought and installed but I don't think Klipsch does home installation. The problem is they are not pretty, but they will blow your socks off. I say this because they have to compete with all the major pro brands and they do extremely well at it. Different companies do a setup and they compare side by side, it's done all the time, Roy calls it a shootout, I have seen some pictures. Cool job

As you said " highest level of specification", they can do it, from a small restaurant to the Rock&Roll hall of fame all the way up to a stadium. The bigger pro stuff is amazing with the area they can cover and the quality of sound. I am talking about a quality you could also put in your living room and have it easily sound great.

To go against all major brands in all kinds of venues and different install specifications and come out ahead more than not, you must have to be doing something right. 

They just named it PRO instead of the supremacy series.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I think Andy's right, if it would have gone into regular production I would say it's then Heritage since it was originally going to be the Klipschorn ll.

But it hasn't yet so I guess it's PRO, but to me it's heritage, but that's just a peeon's opinion.

The real answer is I DON'T KNOW, and that list is pretty long.

At least you're a peeon, I'm a peeover:D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richieb said:

...these are PWKs years-long answer for a two-way Klipschorn doesn't that open the door for discussion? And they were HIS final, crowning achievement. Discuss --- 

I think that most people forget that the original Khorn was two-way...up through the late 50s-early 60s.  It wasn't until the invention of better compression drivers that could span the 12-20 kHz gap that the 2-way Jubilee could return to its roots.

Also note that the K-402 was the creation of Roy (as was the development of the Jubilee bass bin, too, under the guidance of PWK).  Roy, apparently after his talk with Dr. Bruce Edgar on the advantages of tractrix horns, designed the smaller K-510 before the K-402.  Note that neither horn is a full tractrix expansion profile.  Tractrix horns are drawn from mouth to throat...not the other way around.  So the present home version of the Jubilee is a PWK/Delgado design.  Hence the notion of "passing the torch/keeping the flame alive" discussed above. 

Time stands still for no one.

Chris

• Like 1

I'm picturing products for a "Supremacy Series" that are dressed-up versions of specific professional line products, including the Jubilee. All of the Heritage series products were available as decorator models (except for Belle Klipsch). This is the same in reverse. I know Klipsch isn't in the design and installation business, there are many companies that provide these services especially in metropolitan areas.

10 hours ago, dtel said:

They do it for businesses all the time, these can be bought and installed but I don't think Klipsch does home installation. The problem is they are not pretty, but they will blow your socks off. I say this because they have to compete with all the major pro brands and they do extremely well at it. Different companies do a setup and they compare side by side, it's done all the time, Roy calls it a shootout, I have seen some pictures. Cool job

As you said " highest level of specification", they can do it, from a small restaurant to the Rock&Roll hall of fame all the way up to a stadium. The bigger pro stuff is amazing with the area they can cover and the quality of sound. I am talking about a quality you could also put in your living room and have it easily sound great.

To go against all major brands in all kinds of venues and different install specifications and come out ahead more than not, you must have to be doing something right. 

They just named it PRO instead of the supremacy series.

• Like 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Bill W. said:

I'm picturing products for a "Supremacy Series" that are dressed-up versions of specific professional line products, including the Jubilee. All of the Heritage series products were available as decorator models (except for Belle Klipsch). This is the same in reverse. I know Klipsch isn't in the design and installation business, there are many companies that provide these services especially in metropolitan areas.

It would be cool, but it would have to be really high end considering the prices would be very high. Right now they do on site evaluation and designs for all types of venues, also I'm pretty sure installs if wanted by the customer. But this is all commercial, it would probably take a sub contractor for Klipsch to do homes staying within klipsch design guidelines, and it's hard to imagine they would go that direction and possible headaches. Right now they have two people (i know of) that fly around designing systems, it would take alot of organizing to get something like the home idea rolling. But your right the end product would be amazing, nothing could touch it.  

Like when my wife and I did landscaping, customers would always say, you should grow your own plants and trees, you would make more money. :o No way, doing the landscaping and irrigation was a full time job, growing plants is a full time job, much easier to go to growers and buy anything needed in perfect shape and whatever size we needed.

• Moderators

Never told them that, but I wouldn't anyway, they love to seize property and houses, here under 30g is a ticket, growing is jail and loss of everything.

But that's all in my past...............................................................................................like this post

• Moderators
On 2/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Just wondering....Why does everybody leave Mike F. out of the picture in the Jubilee development?  He was the one pretty-much building all the Jubilee bass bin prototypes...then building them again and again as changes were made to the design.  I've known Mike since we were in grade school together!  He hasn't worked for Klipsch since a few years after the corporate HQ was moved to Indy, though....but he was there in R&D for the entire time the Jubilee was being developed. I mean, he wasn't the designer, but it WAS a group effort!

It seems like the guy who goes in turns the plan/idea on paper into reality never gets any credit.  

Are you still in contact with him Andy?  I sure would like to interview him for the Klipsch Museum.  I am going to track down as many long time workers as I possibly can, whether they are still with the company, moved on to other pursuits, or retired.

Maybe I can start with YOU?

• Moderators
On 2/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

The "good people of Klipsch" was my attempt to acknowledge all who had a part in these very special loudspeakers.

When my Jubilees were built I requested that everyone who had a part in building them to please sign them and this is what I received along with pictures of many of them..!!!

That signature at the very, very bottom looks suspiciously familiar.

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

It seems like the guy who goes in turns the plan/idea on paper into reality never gets any credit.

Are you still in contact with him Andy?  I sure would like to interview him for the Klipsch Museum.  I am going to track down as many long time workers as I possibly can, whether they are still with the company, moved on to other pursuits, or retired.

Maybe I can start with YOU?

Mike F. still lives just outside the city limits of Prescott, and every time I get down that way I stop in to visit with him and his wife.  He started working at Klipsch in the late 1980's or very early 1990's...ended up pretty quickly in R&D...working with Roy and the gang...when PWK sold out to his distant kin, and THEY decided to move R&D up to Indy, Roy stayed behind at Hope and Mike opted to do the same, so they worked together in the REAL R&D down in Hope, where the vast majority of SPEAKER R&D was happening, anyway.  Mike left Klipsch not very long after PWK passed away.  He can build Jubes (including laying up the fiberglass horns!) and the vast majority of the other stuff which he had a hand in improving or the development of, but he doesn't have a workshop...YET!  He built a few Jubes after he left for some folks, using a borrowed workspace.  Mike's greatest asset is his attention to detail on things he makes...he has ALWAYS been that way...and I have known him since grade school.  That is a very RARE quality to find in people nowadays...and his finally getting to R&D while at Klipsch was a perfect "fit" for him, and good for the R&D gang.