Jubilees' = Heritage?

richieb

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Was a home consumer version ever REALLY put into REGULAR production??...I mean, other than prototypes???...or a very few especially made for folks????  My understanding is that the Jubilee never really made its way into REGULAR production other than as an Industrial line item.

I think Andy's right, if it would have gone into regular production I would say it's then Heritage since it was originally going to be the Klipschorn ll.

But it hasn't yet so I guess it's PRO, but to me it's heritage, but that's just a peeon's opinion.

The real answer is I DON'T KNOW, and that list is pretty long.

• Like 1

I'm not concerned if someone considers the Jubilee's as Heritage.

What really matters to me is the (Jubilee LF with the K402 or K510 versions) that have been available and supported by Roy are the results of two Klipsch engineers that I have the utmost respect for in their designs, acoustical engineering knowledge and as men of integrity.

I've had the pleasure of Jubs for over 10 years thanks to PWK, Roy and the good people of Klipsch....

miketn:)

Just wondering....Why does everybody leave Mike F. out of the picture in the Jubilee development?  He was the one pretty-much building all the Jubilee bass bin prototypes...then building them again and again as changes were made to the design.  I've known Mike since we were in grade school together!  He hasn't worked for Klipsch since a few years after the corporate HQ was moved to Indy, though....but he was there in R&D for the entire time the Jubilee was being developed. I mean, he wasn't the designer, but it WAS a group effort!

4 hours ago, richieb said:

...But if these are PWKs years long answer for a two-way Klipschorn doesn't that open the door for discussion? And they were HIS final, crowning achievement.

Well, clearly if you were to call anything "Heritage" past the Belle--then it would be the Jubilee. 

However, this is clearly a marketing term that was coined by someone at Klipsch a while ago.  While I don't have a lot of use for marketing terminology, I do see that there is a lot of pride of ownership by those that own Heritage models.  This includes direct traceability back to PWK's fingerprints.  Like MikeTN, I think that keeping that flame alive is important-especially in today's marketplace (more on this subject to come).

But that notion of its heritage I think is swallowed up by the actual sound of this loudspeaker that puts it out in front of everything else that Klipsch produces ("Jubilee" in this context includes the MWM bass bins and other midbass modules sold by Klipsch Professional in the cinema marketplace).  I don't see much value in how a loudspeaker looks if it doesn't have a sound that accompanies those looks. 

In the case of the Jubilee, Klipsch upper management has to date chosen not to place this product into the consumer lineup, and they well could do that, especially in this day of excessive nostalgia in things like phonograph records and thermionic devices.  My kids are listening to the music that I listened to at their age.  This is fairly unprecedented, and should signal a strong marketing opportunity to Klipsch management to rethink their priorities, especially in light of the latest "heritage" products introductions. 

If you look around at the flagship products that other loudspeaker manufacturers are making, the Jubilee is in a size class that's not really different than its acoustic performance competitors.  In fact, its commanded footprint in-room is actually much smaller due to its corner positioning than many other "high end" loudspeakers costing more than 10x what it costs.

I'm aware that a properly setup pair of Jubilees with high quality Be-diaphragm compression drivers can easily compete with any loudspeaker on the market...because of what it can do acoustically. I think that should be the real focus of any discussion on Jubilees.  Everything else just seems like noise (...pun intended...).

YMMV.

Chris

I believe that what's needed by Klipsch to place the Jubilee in a "flagship class" is improving fit-and-finish and providing turn-key performance right out of the box (something that isn't being done currently). Bundling with Be compression drivers, a high quality pre-programmed active crossover, and installation support to high-end buyers--including in-room positioning, acoustics treatments, and listening position selection and furnishings.

This is the same ideas of service and support provided by Frank Lloyd Wright to his home buyers a century ago, and would go a long way to upping the ante on Klipsch's offerings.  It would be the equivalent of the Corvette, a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini in terms of customer support.  The results would be hard to beat.

Chris

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I believe that what's needed by Klipsch to place the Jubilee in a "flagship class" is improving fit-and-finish and providing turn-key performance right out of the box (something that isn't being done currently). Bundling with Be compression drivers, a high quality pre-programmed active crossover, and installation support to high-end buyers--including in-room positioning, acoustics treatments, and listening position selection and furnishings.

This is the same ideas of service and support provided by Frank Lloyd Wright to his home buyers a century ago, and would go a long way to upping the ante on Klipsch's offerings.  It would be the equivalent of the Corvette, a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini in terms of customer support.  The results would be hard to beat.

Chris

Maybe 2 different versions would be a great idea, one for pro sound applications (the current version) and one steered towards high end in home usage. 

• Like 1

What part of the Bass Bin of the jubilee is patented by Klipsch?...or was EVER patented by Klipsch?...or ever COULD BE patented by Klipsch??  Think about that for awhile!  AND even more importantly...think about how much a pair specifically marketed for home use would end up costing...compared to how many would be needed for those who could and WOULD buy them...and justify everything that surrounds the marketing strategy part of the game...and what do you end up with?  Lots of investment...but how much return on that investment??  AND...how could you keep anybody else from infringing on the patent that doesn't exist??

33 minutes ago, jason str said:

Maybe 2 different versions would be a great idea, one for pro sound applications (the current version) and one steered towards high end in home usage. 

The cinema division essentially provides that type of support to its customers already...with the exception of the fit-and-finish (looks) part.  That part would be fairly easy to upgrade to make the loudspeaker look much nicer since the acoustics of the loudspeaker itself are well under control. 

I think that there could be bass bin upgrades to the Jubilee that avoids the midbass polar narrowing above 210 Hz--for the most demanding of high-end clients.

Chris

51 minutes ago, jason str said:

The above statement is in regard to the Jubilees ....

If two different versions were offered, one would cost about $7000-8000 and require the user to provide grills etc. The other version would come with the grills and veneer and cost over $20,000 (my guess).

Which one would you buy?

It is a legitimate question. I really can't guess what folks will pay for the extras.

26 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

The above statement is in regard to the Jubilees ....

If two different versions were offered, one would cost about $7000-8000 and require the user to provide grills etc. The other version would come with the grills and veneer and cost over $20,000 (my guess).

Which one would you buy?

It is a legitimate question. I really can't guess what folks will pay for the extras.

Personally i would not buy either version but seems there is a market for them as others here have been buying them and swapping out drivers, adding veneer and other finishing touches.

Just framing up the 402 alone would go a long way to add a finished look.

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Just wondering....Why does everybody leave Mike F. out of the picture in the Jubilee development?  He was the one pretty-much building all the Jubilee bass bin prototypes...then building them again and again as changes were made to the design.  I've known Mike since we were in grade school together!  He hasn't worked for Klipsch since a few years after the corporate HQ was moved to Indy, though....but he was there in R&D for the entire time the Jubilee was being developed. I mean, he wasn't the designer, but it WAS a group effort!

4 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I've had the pleasure of Jubs for over 10 years thanks to PWK, Roy and the good people of Klipsch....

miketn:)

Thanks,..... It's nice to know some of the background to the prototypes...!!!

The "good people of Klipsch" was my attempt to acknowledge all who had a part in these very special loudspeakers.

When my Jubilees were built I requested that everyone who had a part in building them to please sign them and this is what I received along with pictures of many of them..!!!

Thanks to all...!!!!

miketn

58a270e65f9b0_KlipschJubileeSignatures_resized.thumb.jpg.78417bec93fcbaac0714420795e9cab2.jpg

• Like 3