Pro Media 2.1 bluetooth issue

Dawny

On 7/12/2022 at 7:12 AM, Tej said:

Okay, I tested my hack and it works perfectly.

I was afraid of the floating or open contacts (whether they were pulled up or down) but looks like they are internally handled. 

Although intercepting the pink line is ideal, it doesn't disable the Bluetooth (and folks can still connect if you intercept that line).

So instead I recommend intercepting the "3.3v POWER" line (marked in red). This works perfectly, but unfortunately also disables the power LED indicator as a side effect

Instructions  (DISABLES  BLUETOOTH  PERMENANTLY)

Please turn off power to the speaker system and disconnect it from all devices before performing any invasive procedures.

- Use an exacto knife or blade to "precisely" cut the trace to the power line as shown in the diagram. 

Instructions  (ADDS  BLUETOOTH  ON/OFF  FUNCTIONALITY)

- Please turn off power to the speaker system and disconnect it from all devices before performing any invasive procedures.

- Use an exacto knife or blade to "precisely" cut the trace to the power line as indicated in the diagram. 

- Solder a switch either directly or using wire extensions to the 2 opened trace points. The switch needs to be a toggle switch, slide switch or latching switch (and NOT a momentary pushbutton switch). 

- The wires can exit the back of the circuit housing and the switch can be attached to the side of the casing.

WARNING : Please turn off power to the speaker system and disconnect it from all devices before performing any invasive procedures.

WARNING : Cutting the Bluetooth power line will also disable the POWER LED indicator.

WARNING : Do not cut any other traces, this procedure is permanent and not easily reversible. 

INFO :  To reverse the procedure, solder a wire between the two opened contacts. 

As an alternative. You can do this procedure on the trace indicated by the pink trace (as indicated in the previous post) which will preserve the power LED. But that will keep the BT always on and still hackable, but will only give you control over the audio channel priority (LINE-IN/AUX vs BT).

Bluetooth Fix Klipsch Promedia 2.1 BT.jpg

Hi everyone! My chipset has a different layout. The code on the sticker of mine is also "D30-02" instead of "D30-01". Is it a newer? May I please get everyone's help to identify where's the red marked PCB Trace on my chipset? I've removed the BT antenna but it's still trying to connect to BT devices. So frustrating. 

I am from Singapore and live in an apartment. I still have not found the culprit who has been hijacking my speaker for months on end. Thank you.

20221120_123608.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, DragonLong said:

Hi everyone! My chipset has a different layout. The code on the sticker of mine is also "D30-02" instead of "D30-01". Is it a newer? May I please get everyone's help to identify where's the red marked PCB Trace on my chipset? I've removed the BT antenna but it's still trying to connect to BT devices. So frustrating. 

I am from Singapore and live in an apartment. I still have not found the culprit who has been hijacking my speaker for months on end. Thank you.

20221120_123608.jpg

Hi, I'm from Singapore too and have helped a couple of owners fixed their Promedia 2.1 Bluetooth units.

The thing about our local 230V version of this speaker is that it uses a different volume control circuit board and has an additional SMPS board within the subwoofer as compared to the US 120V version. 

Very often, the cause of failure (blinking blue LED light) is due to the faulty SMPS board, not due to the bluetooth chip being hijacked. 

You can look for me in Carousell should you need help in fixing it. Search for "promedia repair".

• 7 months later...
On 10/18/2022 at 1:09 PM, edp said:

My board looks different from  the one you have shown. I'm disappointed. I was hoping to fix this thing. Every time I walk away from the computer it goes into pairing mode. It's driving me nuts. Do you have any updated info for this board? I really want to turn off bluetooth.

klipsch audio board.jpg

Not sure if you're still trying to fix yours, but I've stumbled across what I think is a pinout diagram (and specs) for the board.

http://www.worldelite.net.cn/DownLoad/71042.html?a=download (unsecure download and kinda sketchy lol)

Screenshot2023-07-25232547.thumb.png.b0822e3c9170dc352b58071044e21d71.png

Screenshot2023-07-25232904.thumb.png.3cfb98de3f81eb8bde03ad6e020b2569.pngScreenshot2023-07-25232913.png.4286c5f91e6dc09a076a1555e0b622b1.pngScreenshot2023-07-25232919.png.098b7b7cd084d1f2a996605c29ad568a.png

might be correct, might be wrong idk

I don't have a multimeter with me rn

• 5 months later...

Hello! I have the same model and I apologise, but my question is if anyone knows what to do when only the bass is making steady audio and everything else from the satellites keeps dropping. Sometimes I turn it on and it's okay but eventually is goes away.

• Like 1