Protect young people

DizRotus

Finally, MSU has begun to face its culpability and complicity in the serial molestation of more than 150 young women and girls.  As a Spartan, I am mortified and embarrassed.  First the monster was allowed to defile his patients, then girls and women were ridiculed and humiliated.  May some healing now begin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-428129

Nassar will die in prison.

On 2/15/2017 at 4:34 PM, Ceptorman said:

I read once that when a Mom with daughters and has a new boyfriend, her daughters are 20x more likely to be abused by the non biological male in the house.

That's alarming.

And you're surprised--- why?

2 hours ago, rebuy said:

And you're surprised--- why?

I guess because it's disgusting. Not normal human behavior.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Finally, MSU has begun to face its culpability and complicity in the serial molestation of more than 140 young women and girls.  As a Spartan, I am mortified and embarrassed.  First the monster was allowed to defile his patients, then girls and women were ridiculed and humiliated.  May some healing now begin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-428129

Nassar will die in prison.

I wonder what kind of facility he will go to.

3 hours ago, pbphoto said:

He's going to die in prison real soon 

Posting with my phone screws me up.  I apologize if I messed up your post as my quote and edit buttons are really close and sometimes I fat finger the wrong button.

What I wanted to do was quote you and say that we were talking about that at work yesterday.   There's no way he'll eventually die of natural causes. 

• Like 1

I watched a detective on the news not too long ago with regards to ANOTHER case, a time worn member of the police force, look into the camera with the 1000 yard stare in his eyes and solemnly tell the interviewer “What people need to understand is that this is their sexual orientation. You and I are heterosexual. Some people are homosexual. These people are pedophiles. No amount of rehabilitation will change a persons sexual orientation.”

Prison. 

NO chance of parol.

May God have mercy on his soul.

I have no compassion for these people, but their stories, told without compensation - ever, may hold the clue to prevention in the future.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:48 PM, Ceptorman said:

There's a huge search for a savage killer in Delphi, northwestern Indiana. 13 and 14 year old girls were found murdered. One of the girls was smart enough to get a video of a man they think can be a suspect, she took some pics also. It's all over our TV, and Lester Holt mentioned it on the NBC nightly news. I am confident the killer will be caught. A very sad story.

I hope the individual they have in custody in Colorado is the guy.

He matches the artist rendering in a couple pics I have seen of him and was arrested in CO for an offense on a similar trail.

He is being brought back to Indy for questioning. Hopefully he will confess so these families can have some closure

The bravery these young women summoned to face this monster in court had to be so difficult.

The fact that Michigan allows cameras in the court room did not allow Nassar to hide behind closed doors any longer. Now everyone could see first hand what a worthless individual he really is and how these lives were so horribly affected.

• Like 2

Certainly seems like a break down somewhere when a guy has such a long run with so many victims in a public setting like this, link said 156 people came forward? I honestly don't know why they don't just execute guys like this or any time there is such a clear case of monstrous behavior inflicted on a number of people.  

1 hour ago, Davis said:

I hope the individual they have in custody in Colorado is the guy.

He matches the artist rendering in a couple pics I have seen of him and was arrested in CO for an offense on a similar trail.

He is being brought back to Indy for questioning. Hopefully he will confess so these families can have some closure

I heard a while back that they were looking at a guy in Colorado, and he looked just like the rendering, but they didn't have enough evidence to keep him. Did they find something on this guy? Is this a new investigation? I haven't heard anything recently.

29 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I heard a while back that they were looking at a guy in Colorado, and he looked just like the rendering, but they didn't have enough evidence to keep him. Did they find something on this guy? Is this a new investigation? I haven't heard anything recently.

I just watched a 20/20(or Dr. phil) on this case not too long ago.  I didn't know they had someone.  I hope they can find who did it, I feel for the victims and their families, terrible.

41 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

http://fox59.com/2018/01/24/person-of-interest-in-delphi-case-will-return-to-indiana-because-of-unrelated-warrant/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davis said:

Yea I just saw that on Fox local news. I hope this is the guy. I think the pic looks just like him, it's uncanny. 

21 minutes ago, dmb12679 said:

I just watched a 20/20(or Dr. phil) on this case not too long ago.  I didn't know they had someone.  I hope they can find who did it, I feel for the victims and their families, terrible.

Just a terrible event. Dr Phil did a good job with this episode. 

Hey.....Happy Birthday....one day early :D

9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

What surprised me is that he lasted as long as he did.  150 girls before any spoke up.  Wow!

Shows you the amount of control the abuser has.  It's sickening to think that it is possible to have that kind of power over individuals for that long.  

9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea I just saw that on Fox local news. I hope this is the guy. I think the pic looks just like him, it's uncanny. 

Just a terrible event. Dr Phil did a good job with this episode. 

Hey.....Happy Birthday....one day early :D

Ahh it was Dr. Phil, glad he brought it to the forefront.  20 years ago this would have national news for weeks, now it barely gets past the local news.  Society(me included) is getting numb to this stuff.  Columbine was across the news for months.  Did you know there have been 11 school shootings in the US since schools were re-opened after X-mas break.  11 in 2.5-3 weeks.  It's crazy out there, and I'm nervous for both my children and what they will have to encounter throughout their lives, and how desensitized they will become to what will be considered normal.

Thanks for the Bday heads up, your the first, here comes T minus 1 year to 40!  Bring it

12 minutes ago, dmb12679 said:

Shows you the amount of control the abuser has.  It's sickening to think that it is possible to have that kind of power over individuals for that long.  

Ahh it was Dr. Phil, glad he brought it to the forefront.  20 years ago this would have national news for weeks, now it barely gets past the local news.  Society(me included) is getting numb to this stuff.  Columbine was across the news for months.  Did you know there have been 11 school shootings in the US since schools were re-opened after X-mas break.  11 in 2.5-3 weeks.  It's crazy out there, and I'm nervous for both my children and what they will have to encounter throughout their lives, and how desensitized they will become to what will be considered normal.

Thanks for the Bday heads up, your the first, here comes T minus 1 year to 40!  Bring it

My wife mentioned that same stat this morning, I thought she meant 11 shootings since school started last August, but you're both right, just this year!

I actually noticed your screen name over at AVS, and remembered you were on here also, then I saw your post this morning. It's an easy one for me to remember, it's my birthday also! I'm a little older, 55 tomorrow :D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think you're right. For a rendering to match that well, not just a coincidence.

I wonder if the authorities were just playing it cool with this guy, maybe a lack of evidence. Probably can't jump on him too quickly, watch him and try to connect him to the murders. I can't imagine what the families are going through.

• Like 1