How much should I pay for used RS-7s?

Skillz4lif

I found what appears to be a nice pair of RS-7s online and I think I'm finally ready to pull the trigger.  However, I was wondering what price I should try to negotiate. They are currently being sold for $500 and have been listed for almost 2 months now.  I've done business with this guy before so we know each other a bit.

I think the low end for a pair these days is around $300, and I've seen like new for around $400.  I think that is a fair range.

Some sellers of course want just one buyer at the right price, and are willing to wait.  But imo, $400 is the max.

#youthman should chime in here, but it was discussions with him and us searching for sets that leads me to these #s.  

6 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

I think the low end for a pair these days is around $300, and I've seen like new for around $400.  I think that is a fair range.

Some sellers of course want just one buyer at the right price, and are willing to wait.  But imo, $400 is the max.

#youthman should chime in here, but it was discussions with him and us searching for sets that leads me to these #s.  

I wanted to start at $350 since they have sat for a while, but I didn't know how that would come across.  It seems fair, compared to what you just stated. I think I will give it a shot, I was always taught that the worst thing he could say was no.

The  willingness to walk away is what always creates a better buyer.  Start at $325 and see what he says, when he comes back offended ask him what he'll take, and see if you can hone in on $400 at the max.  They are out there and come up from time to time, so don't stress if you don't get this set at the right price.  He may well be that seller who wants the one buyer at the right price, if so, walk away and let him know if he'll come down you're still out there...until you find another set elsewhere.  That's my 2c.  

I think in some negotiations last summer, the initial offer was $250 or $275, so offering $350 for a pristine pair is actually a very nice offer.  That seller was adamant, and simply wanted $400 for a pair -- that was I think new, no matter what.  If not new, awfully close. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Skillz4lif said:

$400 was the magic number. I'm picking them up Friday.

Congrats!  I think they are worth $400...$500 is definitely at the top end of the market.

Last November, I scored a pretty rare deal on Craigslist and gave them to @WakeJunkie.  Definitely had never before seen them sell anywhere near that low.  Older gentleman moved into a house and had no need for them.  I was actually second in line but he called me the next day saying the guy didn't show.  Snooze you loose.

Wakejunkie says they are a HUGE upgrade from his previous RS-35.

klipsch-rs-7-white-13.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up the speakers today. They are really beautiful and I'm looking forward to adding them to the line-up. The only thing is that I didn't know they were so big. I was originally planning to put them on stands, but it looks like they will have to be mounted. Any suggestions on what to do with them?

I'm also going to need to find some stands for the RB-3s.