Can it be powered?

Zealous

The only thing i can see being a factor is impedance, do you have the stock little speakers that came with the set to take a measurement ?

My guess says it will work fine but its best to do a little measuring up front if you have a multimeter, if not you can pick up a cheapie for a few bucks for the test or maybe someone here has one they could measure.

I do have the little speaker that came with it.  They work fine, but I was thinking it might be a small upgrade to use the bookshelf speakers in place of the speakers that come in the 2.1 ProMedia package. 

Sadly, I don't understand what you mean about measuring. 

Loudspeaker impedance varies from one to another. If you call Klipsch they may be able to help you as well, rarely do they visit here.

Unfortunately i don't have a set to measure, maybe somebody who does will chime in with an answer.

If you just want to give it a try worst case scenario is you burn up the amp but odds are low.

You can always get a little Class D amp for your desktop. I personally love the Lepai 2020A+ and the version with the Tripath chip is getting rare as they dont make the chips anymore. I have one for my LaScalas and one in my office running my KG 5.5's. The sound is crystal clear and the music just flows, this little amp is a giant killer for sure.

https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp-2020a-tripath-class-t-hi-fi-audio-mini-amplifier-with-power-supply--310-300

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zealous said:

twk123, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that little doodad! 

I'm excited.  I'll check back in when I receive it and let you know how it works. 

Awesome! Its a great little amp. It does sound a little harsh and has a bit of a 'zing' at first but will break in after a few days. The only other quirk is that the tone controls are sub par but i have always just had them turned off. Let me know how you like it. There are a few of us here that are big supporters of Class D amps with Klipsch speakers so we like to see what others think as well.