RB61 ii's as Sides .. or RS42?

batchov

I've finally received my RB61 ii's which completes my 7.1 setup... for now anyway :)

I have RS42's that I have on the sides, and won't be able to upgrade them for quite some time (until I can save up).  the new RB61ii's can keep up with the RF-7 ii's a lot better than the RS-42's can.  So does it make more sense to have the 42's at the back since the amount of work they would potentially receive at the back would be less than compared to the Sides?  I feel like the RB61 ii's would be more impactful being at the side position.  Room size is 30ft and the back's would 10 ft behind the sitting position (technically in the Dining room).  The Sides are close to the sitting position within 3ft.

I know there's been conversations on putting Sides as backs before on the forum and many agree that Surrounds are meant for the Sides. But the topics that I've found are more centered around them being Surrounds vs Bookshelves. In this case the Bookshelves out-power the surrounds by a decent amount and I'm curious to hear what everyone's opinion on that would be

I've finally received my RB61 ii's which completes my 7.1 setup... for now anyway [emoji4]

I have RS42's that I have on the sides, and won't be able to upgrade them for quite some time (until I can save up).  the new RB61ii's can keep up with the RF-7 ii's a lot better than the RS-42's can.  So does it make more sense to have the 42's at the back since the amount of work they would potentially receive at the back would be less than compared to the Sides?  I feel like the RB61 ii's would be more impactful being at the side position.  Room size is 30ft and the back's would 10 ft behind the sitting position (technically in the Dining room).  The Sides are close to the sitting position within 3ft.

I know there's been conversations on putting Sides as backs before on the forum and many agree that Surrounds are meant for the Sides. But the topics that I've found are more centered around them being Surrounds vs Bookshelves. In this case the Bookshelves out-power the surrounds by a decent amount and I'm curious to hear what everyone's opinion on that would be

rs 42's as side surround and rb 61's at the back should be the best setup for you..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk