Cornwall's are finally here... Along with my VTA ST-70 amp

avguytx

Pictures to follow later. Got to get them unloaded out of daughters Jeep Compass then put up a new OTA antenna and paint Dynaco ST-70 bell caps then I can mess with speakers. Helluva nice guy and fun to talk to. He was in the back woods of Arkansas. Just moved out there on 500 acres and building a new house. He'd bought some new Klipsch towers I think he said. 

• Like 6

Got them cleaned up and oiled and loooking quite good. Quite presentable for 39 years old. Need new grill cloth, some emblems, and convert from Type B to B-2 crossovers and see how that goes.  Listening to them now through all kinds of music and sound very good stock.

Does the B-2 change the 6khz crossover point from mid to tweeter or is it mainly just a second order crossover? Maybe that's someone else's crossover I'm thinking of. 

Can't wait to get my Dynaco VTA ST-70 done and hooked up in place of this con sole tube amp. 

That may be it. Something about using that particular crossover meant having to use something besides the K-77 tweeters. I think it was saying to use the CT-120. I'll have to find out Tuesday if that's how he worded it. He emailed yesterday saying he'd be out till then. 

6 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Upgrade your network to a B2 and use new capacitors.

I believe I saw the auto formers were the same between B and B-2 and just needs a pair if .245mh coils for tweeters and some different caps. I priced all the parts using Solen caps and coils and coils and was very reasonable. Does it change crossover point at mid/tweeter? 

22 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I believe I saw the auto formers were the same between B and B-2 and just needs a pair if .245mh coils for tweeters and some different caps. I priced all the parts using Solen caps and coils and coils and was very reasonable. Does it change crossover point at mid/tweeter? 

You can still use the autoformers in the networks you have, along with the bass inductors. It would save a couple bucks.

I'm using the 1% Bennic caps in my Cornwalls.

Thank you sir. Will still keep searching for Belle's and still may build cabinets at some point. We are thinking about building or buying a new house later this year and a prequisite is an audio only room. I'd build one above my garage but I hate this house being on a hill and am ready to be on some flatter land. Wife had it when we got married 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

I have owned a couple of pair of Norman Lab Model Ten over the last decade. Each time I sold a pair, I regretted it. Especially since the most I paid was $20 per pair. I have really liked the early Normans. The 4xx series was just way too bright for me, though the lamp in the cabinet that shown through the poly cones of the woofers was a nice touch.