Klipsch KPT-535-M Opinions and upgrade help

diamonddelts

Looking at purchasing a pair of these this month. However I am worried about the two inch throat K-1133 will not have articulate highs. Can anyone give me a suggestion for a possible drop in replacement cd?

I will be using these in my media room and replacing my JBL 4722n speakers. 

They will be used for home theater and music. I would also appreciate any general opinions on these speakers. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Zim. said:

The high frequencies in the KPT-535-M are handled by the 501 horn, not the 402(with 1133).  I am running the KPT-535-M in my HT at the LCR with the KPT-904-M for surrounds.  I've ran all the heritage/extended heritage as well as several of the pro line both two way and 3 way, active and passive.   The KPT-535-M as its shipped from Hope is brilliant, for  HT and 2/multi-channel listening.  Lack of articulation in the HF is not a factor...even with a case of wishful thinking.  

I may suggest if you feel the need to toy with different drivers in different configurations you get away from a passive network and go active.  This will allow you to properly eq. your system.  The passive network in the KPT-535-M as shipped is eq'd for the factory drivers.

One thing I found advantageous for me with the KPT-535-M was to lay the bass bin on its side.  In other words, align the woofers horizontally instead of vertically.  This drops the tweeter height closer to ear level when seated (just about where the center of the 402 horn is in a 2 way Jubilee).

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I bet your system is awesome. I've long been a propent of full size surrounds. Makes movie watching and multichannel music so much more enveloping. 

I was asking about a possible cd upgrade because I've heard a few people say a cd with a 2 inch throat gives up some hf extension. If your KPT 535M speakers sound brilliant for movies and music, that is all I need to hear. How are your KPT 904M speakers with music? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 8:49 AM, diamonddelts said:

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I bet your system is awesome. I've long been a propent of full size surrounds. Makes movie watching and multichannel music so much more enveloping. 

I was asking about a possible cd upgrade because I've heard a few people say a cd with a 2 inch throat gives up some hf extension. If your KPT 535M speakers sound brilliant for movies and music, that is all I need to hear. How are your KPT 904M speakers with music? 

So, are they set up now in your room.  If so, How are they working for you?  any pics worth sharing.

Hi Shiva, I went with the Klipsch Jubilee instead of the 535-M. I will updating my Jubilee threads here and over at AVS within a week or so. My Jubilee bass bins and monoblock amps are due to be delivered next week. So will post my thoughts and impressions next week on the new setup.

• Like 1