klipsch rp260 f

lime

Honestly if you can't hear the difference between some cables, then there is something wrong with your ears or maybe your hearing is going due to age. (It happens.)

At the risk of starting another endless cable debate, here is my experience.

I had a bedroom system, NAD 325BEE, ShanLing CD T80 CD player and Paradigm Monitor 7 V4. I was having a problem with a room mode causing booming bass at around 50-60Hz. Tried everything, positioning, etc, even put a sock in the ports  which reduced bass but also killed dynamics. I replaced the thin gauge OFC wires with Audioquest Type 6 wires which made the bass problem much worse. No fault of the wire. Wires do make a difference. I gave up, sold the Paradigms and bought two JBL JRX 225 which solved the bass problem. 

I also A/B'ed a Kimber interconnect and a Van Den Hull (forget the model names) and the Van Den Hull was noticeably warmer sounding.

My favorite speaker cable is still the Kimber 8TC and 4PR and I had some Audioquest Slates which also sounded good on my B&Ws. 

Cables can make a difference and do affect the sound in some way. 

• Like 1