SOLD Adcom GFA-5300 Amp

USNRET

you have a great post history and seem well respected from what i can tell on here. anything wrong with it? what's your shipped price to 97124?

ps. are forum avatar uploads disabled until you hit a certain post count or is it time locked?

Edited by racebum

Well, the boys here tend to give each other crap at times. I try to buy/sell here as I personally know and have shared a drink or 2 with a lot of the guys at the annual Klipsch get together.

I am usnret here and US Audio Mart, nonamefits on Ebay.

Amp history: Honestly I have no idea. I got it in a deal when I bought NIB Klipschorns about 2 months ago. The gent (diagnosed with a terminal illness as the reason for sale off) had a great number of impressive stereo items in a few climate controlled storage rooms. While loading the KHorns I looked around and was asking questions about some things in the room. He picked up the Adcom, handed it to me and said he had purchased it used, never used it and he gave it to me.

I have had it sitting in the office that my wife has been bugging me to clean and thought I might as well throw it up on the forum. Before I would take this unknown amp and power to my system I:
powered it up looking for sparks: none

connected a set of Klipsch KG 1.5 speakers and powered it up; no smoke or sparks

connected it to my McIntosh C2500 preamp and Klipschorn speakers; no problem, just the typical minor thump when it came on line.

introduced some tunes from my Oppo BDP-105D thru the Mc and Adcom to th eKhorns

I found no issues on any of the steps above.

Cosmetically pretty darn nice, smudge here and there.

I estimate somewhere between 25 and 40 bucks shipping via UPS ground. If it's more than a beer +/- I refund and ask for the difference in return if I am off. I have a personal UPS account, shipped from 78418. I estimated 19 x 15 x 6 @ 25 lbs

i'm thinking more along the lines of what to paypal you? 110 paypal after fees is what? 105ish? 

would this get the deal done? 

i noticed this community seems very chummy, i like that. i grew up next to a guy who did engineering work for klipsch and was the lead at phoenix gold. glenn phillips. he's who started my life of audio addiction. i stumbled across this forum looking at how people were restoring crossovers and horns in heresy ii's 

i'm bidbuytry on ebay, racebum most everywhere else on the net. 

Edited by racebum