Original La Scala Pair

seti

I am listing this for a friend. I've heard them they sound great and look great.

Pair of Klipsch La Scala speakers. Original components. Brown grills included but can swap with black grills. Exceptional working condition. They have been refinished by an ex Klipsch employee. They have an added riser to the bottom but looks great. The tops have been protected by black granite slabs custom which are included.

These are available for pickup. Or they can be delivered to the pilgrimage.

Forum member price $1800

01717_3kzPga2WIFf_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_h0h2KS3zxa5_1200x900.jpg

22 hours ago, seti said:

The tops have been protected by black granite slabs custom which are included.

I find this interesting. 

First of all they must weigh a ton, and second I don't know what a couple of slabs of granite costs, but it surely must fall into the category of "value added" to a stock LS.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I find this interesting. 

First of all they must weigh a ton, and second I don't know what a couple of slabs of granite costs, but it surely must fall into the category of "value added" to a stock LS.

I want to say he paid $500 or $600 for the pair of granite slabs. 

22 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm sorry, what? I think you have that backwards.

If a person updates capacitors it does not NECESSARILY add value.  That's because people expect working capacitors to be in their speakers as a basic part of a working speaker.

If you have a house worth 100K and you put a brand new $10K roof on it, the house does not become worth $110K, it is still worth $100K.  That's because regardless the cost, every house is expected to come with a functional roof.  It is NOT "value added."

But if you add a $10K sun room, the house DOES become worth $110K.  That is "value added." 

A pair of $600 custom cut granite slabs are "value added."  I doubt the speakers would be worth the full $600 more, but they would command a premium over stock.

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

If you have a house worth 100K and you put a brand new $10K roof on it, the house does not become worth $110K, it is still worth $100K.  That's because regardless the cost, every house is expected to come with a functional roof.  It is NOT "value added."

Not sure I agree with this as I just had my mothers house appraised without the the new roof and with one and there was an increase in the value based on before and after.  But it wasn't a $10k roof, either.  Which I don't think a person would pay for on a $100k house.  At least not in this area.  But who knows...

The slabs will only be added value to the person who thinks they are.  

• Like 1

AV Guy in Texas, I just used round numbers for the sake of argument, my house and roof numbers were totally made up.  I could agree that a house with a brand new roof could be appraised higher than a house with a 10 year-old roof. 

My point would be that it is not a dollar-for-dollar increase.  Your point is well taken.  B)

• 3 weeks later...