Question about architectural speakers as surrounds

KennyZ51

Hello All,

I am setting up a home theater in a room that is 26 X 17 with 9ft ceilings. I have done some research and have decided to go with a 5.1.2 setup using RP-280FAs, RP-450CA, R-115SW with a question regarding the surrounds. My question is if anyone can tell me which in wall speakers match the timbre of the other speakers I have selected. Based on room layout I don't want speakers protruding from the wall at chest/waist height so I thought in walls would solve that problem, even if there is a slight decrease in sound quality. This is my first attempt at a home theater setup so please let me know of any other info you might need. Thanks in advance!

R-5650-s-ii is the closest you're going to get.  They may sound a tad bit brighter than the RP gear but there really isn't any RP in-walls.  You can mount the RP-250S higher than what you were mentioning.  I have the top of mine at 6' and it's plenty out of the way.  Atmos is technically correct a little lower but I like it just fine.  I would recommend trying to get four overhead speakers though, 5.1.4 is a better effect than just 2 if you can swing it.  Look at CDT-5650-C-ii's.