Power Amp Suggestions...

SLIMaxPower

My HT system is as follows - all owned since new for about 4-5 years, although the latest onkyo receiver is newer.

Klipsch rf82 mkii's floorstanders, center and rears are same series I am pretty sure + Sub (rear left) these basically run half the day albeit at low volume.

Onkyo tx nr 818 is driving them. Happy with home theatre duties - its stereo duties that needs something extra - especially the bass. Running all channel stereo mode allows the sub to run but was hoping to have some bass coming from the mains.

We listen to mostly pop/dance/techno and obviously the drivers in the rf82's cant give what I want.

Do I get another set of rf82's and a power amp to drive both? I love the rf82's top end so prefer to keep using them.

I am in Australia so prefer something local although emotiva is shipping to au if something like that is suitable or should I find a second hand rotel power amp.

thanks.

Powered by MaxPower

I have the TX-NR809, which is similar in control/function...  Have you tried the BASS setting by using the HOME button on the remote?  There should be options there for boosting the bass and treble, which will reproduce from the mains (more noticeably) when running it in stereo or 2.1 mode. 

I can't comment on the amp/additional speaker question though...

Not sure if you are enabling the DOUBLE-BASS feature or not, but it has some impact if so: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/onkyo-tx-nr-818-double-bass.379850/

Run your mains full range and use the sub. I'm pretty sure that is your issue. The next step would be using some high power amps with your Onkyo as a controller.

Mains are set full range as it is.

Just landed a 2nd hand rotel rmb-1075. Sending it in for a service/internal clean.

I am thinking of running the mains bi-amped on the rotel, and the centre on the 5th channel, then run the surrounds of the onkyo.

Or should the mains be run single?