Wireless subs from sound bars.

Ald196

Ald196, If you haven't already, I would suggest contacting Kilpsch Customer Service HERE

If you scroll down, you'll notice there are Help Subject boxes. Box #12 is for Bluetooth issues, and there is an option to either phone, or submit an e-mail for support.

I had a warranty issue with my RSB-11 subwoofer, and Klipsch responded brilliantly. Top-notch support.

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread. Similar problems with similar itch to remedy.

Anybody know if the SB1 sub can pair with a 'generic' Blue Tooth transmitter?

I've got a BT 5.0 capable transmitter but it won't pair with the sub.

I know the sub is good -at least it was last time I used it, but I only get a red light.

Tried poking a paperclip into the 'factory - do not use' reset hole, tried a quick poke, then a 10+ second poke, but no difference.

What's the secret sauce to get the sub to open the pairing routine?

Is the SB1 blue tooth link not compliant to industry standard? i.e. proprietary?

The SB1 set worked great for about 2 years (past warranty) then the sound bar started making nasty noises.

The sub still worked but the sound bar seems to have developed a serious problem.

Since it's past warranty, I opened it up and replaced what appeared to be bloated electrolytic capacitors.

That didn't fix it either.

I'm aware of the SB1 power brick problems...

Checked the power supply voltage and even substituted a known good and better supply, but to no avail.

I would like to use the sub, but if it won't pair then I'm stuck with a junk Klipsch set.

Not sure I want to pony up for any more Klipsch stuff if it poops out like that!

My 45 year old Heresy's are still going strong...but those weren't made anywhere east of Arkansas.

For a lot less money than a SB2 or SB3 (SB4?) set, I can just replace the internal active modules with equivalents, so at least the drivers can speak to me again.

I thought the sound was more than adequate, much better than the stock speakers on a flatscreen.

Thanks!

k