RB-75 Bookshelf Loudspeakers

Lizzard

Lizzard,

Welcome to the forum.

1 hour ago, Lizzard said:

I just purchased a used pair of these speakers without grills...need to find replacement grills or know how the originals were attached.   Also, what is the size of the bolt for mounting on a stand from the bottom using existing hole with threads?

The RB-75's are awesome.  Too bad about the grills.  Might be a tough find.  The grills are attached with (8)magnets.  

Not sure about size of threaded inserts.

Bill

RB-75 grill magnets.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, Bill.

I was going to look for similar size Klipsch grills and modify them to fit.  Do the magnets attach to the inset metal screws?  I took a magnet to the frame and did not find any metal that would allow the grills to attach. Are you using the bi-wire connections from the Yamaha amp or a jumper on the speakers?

Also, I see your list of equipment above...just purchased the new Rotel 1592 integrated amplifier (My Yamaha A-1000 amp from the early 80's finally quit).  Class AB w/200 wpc.  Had to run a complete new circuit to get amperage needed.  Pure, clean sound through the Klipsch!...looking to replace my Definitive Technology Mythos and Gems II. 

Good Listening!

Lizzard

Do the magnets attach to the inset metal screws?

I think they do.  I'll look when I get home today.

Are you using the bi-wire connections from the Yamaha amp or a jumper on the speakers?

I have my 75's hooked up the conventional way, R-L Yamaha speaker terminals to R-L RB-75's speaker terminals with jumpers in place.

Bill

Thanks for all the information.  I'm still looking to find a Klipsch speaker grill of similar size.  I'm pretty handy and can modify as needed.   Do you know which Klipsch speakers may have similar magnet stubs?  I know the ones at Best Buy are more lower quality consumer types that do not have the magnets.

These speakers Rock!...but I have dogs and want to protect them from dog hair, nose action and licks.  :wacko: 

Thanks

Lizzard

Pensacola, Florida (located in the Red Neck Riviera of Northwest Florida sometimes referred to as LA - "that's Lower Alabama")

• Like 1