klipsch La Scalas midrange horns specs

maloner

• 2 weeks later...

I'll speak for myself when I say that trying to make a working 1/5th scale La Scala makes no sense whatsoever.  It certainly would not reproduce anything remotely resembling  accurate sound.  Physics won't allow it.

Still, this is America and you may build any speaker you want, any way you want.  I hope you get your project built and you come back here and prove me wrong. :) 

I don't know how large it would end up being but I personally like (and have made suggestions in the past) having PC speakers that take the shape of....LaSCala, Cornwall....Khorn....

Someone (DJK??) made some PC speaker sized "LaScalas" and they looked downright nice.

Looks like the equipment to measure one accurately enough would cost more than the horn it self. Just buy a Heresy horn and go from there. Your working model will not sound very good. I built one using a 12 inch woofer years ago. Just a 2 way one so I could use it at work. It worked good enough for there at least it was loud enough for a factory floor...lol.

• Like 1

What dimensions do you want? Just outside or inside....face plate ? Horn taper? Throat diameter?  Lots of measurements to do. How accurate you want the dimensions ?  Mouth is 16 3/4 x 5 1/2 .....about 21 inches long. Do you plan to make on 1/5 scale?  3.35   wide   1.1 tall    4.2   long....Now what are you gonna use for a   0.5  driver  ???? Maybe an Earbud head phone.

• Like 2