La Scala klipsh speakers for sale

carla21

The La Scala's you refer to on e-sale are 1986, and have been upgraded with new Crites CT-120 tweeters.  Doesn't look like the networks have been updated though.

The asking prices on e-sale are typically very high.  It would be best to do research on "sold" listings to get a somewhat better handle on current market value.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Carla - I can only ballpark a price without pictures but for a paid of 76' LaScalas in Birch Raw finish might go for about $1,200 to $1,500.

Agree with the Mighty Favog. 

The price range he mentioned is right on the money for your area.  They would likely sell within a month or less in that price range.  A little higher and they might take longer to sell, a little lower and they might go in a week.  You never know what buyer is out there and how motivated they might be.

You can look up that e-sale with the $2700 ASKING price and I predict there will be zero bids at the end of the auction.  Look for SOLD prices to get a better idea of what the market will bear.

+++

Clarification:  Carla you mentioned in your Post #1 the mid driver is an H-55-V?  That first letter will be a "K" as in K-55-V.

IMG_4639.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, carla21 said:

They are K-55-v and they sound excellent, so why would I replace the crossovers?

Cos they're like the tires on your car. You don't still have 1976 tires do you ?

OK that was a bit harsh, but there are components in a crossover that do wear and deteriorate with time/use.

Cool.

Srinath.

9 minutes ago, carla21 said:

They are K-55-v and they sound excellent, so why would I replace the crossovers?

Because if they are original 1976 crossovers, the capacitors, due to age, will not be performing to original specifications. If you're selling just state that in your ad. 

Mark

44 minutes ago, carla21 said:

Have you decided not to sell the speakers?  If you are still selling, would you please post photos and your asking price?  Thanks.

• Like 1