Blatant knockoff

Ol_mcdonald

Lots of things out perform lots of other things. You're standing on the shoulders of giants. Like Space-ex can claim a moon shot @ 1/2 the price of NASA, but space-ex didn't have to invent/develop wd40. Anyway, take a Khorn and put 2017 drivers in it with specs that are better and you may be 99% there, tailor your XO and you may jump over the hump into "better" land.

Thanks.

Srinath.

I'll double down on Thaddeus - Real old news. They've been hoping to sell that pair of speaks, probably the same pair, for several years. Yeah, I'll pony up Ten Large for KHorn copies??!! Too bad I've already invested, wisely, that $10K into beachfront property outside Omaha! 

Probably do out preform the originals considering the components (or at least have the capability). 

Problem is since they are fundamentally copies, you can pay the 10k and never get 1K back if you wanted to sell them.  If they mass marketed and created a following, that's be a different story but that isn't happening.  3K wouldn't be bad if you didn't mind a home brew.

As richieb put it:

19 hours ago, richieb said:

I'll double down on Thaddeus - Real old news. They've been hoping to sell that pair of speaks, probably the same pair, for several years. Yeah, I'll pony up Ten Large for KHorn copies??!! Too bad I've already invested, wisely, that $10K into beachfront property outside Omaha! 

Don't forget to take your floaties....

By the way, he has a second pair on ebay for $16K.  Interesting...  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Eclipse-K-PAIR-Outperforms-Pauls-K-horns-Must-Hear-/250999234595?hash=item3a70b86023:m:md2WeaWRVhcdZ8OOflCRQdQ

I agree with everything pzannucci says above.  

Mr, Barney might get some pushback from http://www.eclipse-td.com/us/ regarding trademark issues for the use of the "Eclipse" name.  The Klipsch patents are long expired.  The seller acknowledges that they are not a Klipsch product.  He has a right to make and try to sell them.  Everyone has a right to buy or not , as he/she sees fit.

There have been several knock-offs of Klipschorns after the patents expired.  Some were excellent, some were not.  None had the resale potential of the genuine article.

For many audio enthusiasts, resale is not a primary consideration.  For example, The buyers of the offerings from Greg Roberts (Volti Audio) pay for excellence in performance and finish, without a serious concern for resale.

22 hours ago, DizRotus said:

For many audio enthusiasts, resale is not a primary consideration.  For example, The buyers of the offerings from Greg Roberts (Volti Audio) pay for excellence in performance and finish, without a serious concern for resale.

True but like many of us, with this hobby we end up with piles of speakers.  We don't think about it until we have to sell something.

Long haul use and leaving to the kids when you die, it won't matter. :wacko: