Sub cables?

Charles M

Is there and differents to use a good hi  Quality sub cable that the run is 50 feet that cost $500

or just use RG6 cable in which is  coaxial? 

I getting that RG6 for long runs are best ? 

If that's so .... I can pick up 55 feet with the ends 

on it for $5.00 right now , used good site ! 

IMG_5751.PNG

IMG_5752.PNG

• Like 1

I'm like the above post, spending $500, well, you just blew a few ducky, bucky and no guaranteed of improvement.  I have some runs around 50 ft and use cables from Monoprice or Parts Express costing around or less than $20.  Look at the bright side, you will be stimulating the economy at large.  If these cheaper cables were a problem, they would have been replaced a long time ago.:o

• Like 1

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=5871&seq=1&format=2

This is 75' from Monoprice, they seem to be out of 50' currently. This is the good quad shielded RG6. It's a little stiff. But $14 for a75' high quality cable? You could not buy the material to make it yourself for that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, babadono said:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=5871&seq=1&format=2

This is 75' from Monoprice, they seem to be out of 50' currently. This is the good quad shielded RG6. It's a little stiff. But $14 for a75' high quality cable? You could not buy the material to make it yourself for that.

The old guys that have been on the forum and tried different cables, don't spend that kind of money on cables.   That money can be spent on a better sub or driver.  The amount of money spent, does not mean it will do a better job.  Also, were are talking about sounds in the sub passband.:huh:

• Like 1