7.1 set up with front cornwalls

tcct

Newbie here...well at to the forum not to Klipsch, I've had my Walnut Cornwalls since 1986...I've had them set up in a 5.1 configuration but no sub...had a water leak so redoing my living room and I need some advise... going to a 7.1 system... 22' x 30' living room with 10.5' ceilings...hardwood floors...  going to use the Cornwalls for the front speakers, I've got a set of 4 quintet 3 speakers that I'm thinking of attaching to the ceiling behind and along side facing down at our viewing chairs and use the quintet voice bar for the center...might get a sub but low end has never been a problem... any opinions or advise would be greatly appreciated.....

Tcct,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your water leak.

The Cornwalls makes for an excellent foundation for an HT rig, provided you at least "match" the front soundstage.  You could maybe "get by" with the QIII surrounds but a Quintet center channel is going to be a tough sell if you really want that somewhat realistic HT "experience".  Your room is large and needs some "big sound" to fill it.  Definitely a subwoofer is a must for HT, not so much for music.

Bill

Thanks for the responses...I've never used the Q3's i bought them when a friend needed money and put them away, I had polk audio rears mounted flush in the ceiling but they went with the water...Now looking CL for a RC center and sub... can't talk wife into a LaScalla center and  Heresies hanging from the ceiling... Altho I've had my Cornwalls a lot longer then I've had her, best not go down that road.... 

Edited by tcct