Amp Suggestions for Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers?

tt2

Hi! I'm completely new to all of this, and would appreciate any information you all can provide :)

I got a pair of Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers and it requires an amp/receiver, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that might work best with the R-15M? (I plan to purchase the amp through Amazon if possible) Links would be helpful too!

Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, tt2 said:

Hi Bill,

Thank you, I'm very excited to join the forum.

You are welcome.

5 hours ago, tt2 said:

I plan on using the Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers as a stereo system!

My suggestion would be to get a medium powered(60 to 90w/ch) integrated amp or stereo receiver.

What is your budget?  Do you want built in networking, streaming, Pandora, Spotify, etc.?

Bill

My budget is only about $150, and I don't need any built in networking, streaming, Pandora, Spotify features. Just the basics is fine.

Do you have any particular brands/models you'd suggest for medium powered (60 to 90w/ch) integrated amp or stereo receiver?

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you again for helping me on this, Bill!

2 hours ago, tt2 said:

My budget is only about $150, and I don't need any built in networking, streaming, Pandora, Spotify features. Just the basics is fine.

Do you have any particular brands/models you'd suggest for medium powered (60 to 90w/ch) integrated amp or stereo receiver?

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you again for helping me on this, Bill!

I do have some suggestions.  Where are you located?

Bill

• 10 months later...

Hi! I'm in the same boat; I'm a college sophomore just getting into speakers. Is there a decreeable advantage to buying the R - 15M speakers and putting the savings towards an amplifier vs just purchasing the R - 15MP speakers? If there is, how much would I have to spend on an amp to get that advantage? Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Aggie2020 said:

Hi! I'm in the same boat; I'm a college sophomore just getting into speakers. Is there a decreeable advantage to buying the R - 15M speakers and putting the savings towards an amplifier vs just purchasing the R - 15MP speakers? If there is, how much would I have to spend on an amp to get that advantage? Thanks in advance.

I've been where you are - and the advantageous purchase is to go used or refurbished.

I'd recommend buying The Sixes though, especially if cost and space are an issue and you're demanding of a new product.