This is me...

HDBRbuilder

Me and my wife Susan when we dated in 8th grade (circa 1984)

Susan%20and%20I%207thgrade_zpsuyjhzywi.j

My wife and I when we decided to throw everyone a curve ball and start "dating" again at our 25th reunion)

Susan%20and%20I%2020%20reunion_zpseh5wgj

Me and my personal hero (refuse to refer to him as my Step-Dad....he raised me from 3 years old)

me%20and%20dad_zpsqa1i8qbz.jpg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

In 1980, my last year at WVU, we need more...

IMG_3806.JPG

WVU leads the USA in producing top quality NCAA shooters in all aspects of shooting sports!  WVU produces Olympians who represent the USA, in addition to Olympians who represent other countries!  Over half of the NCAA TEAM shooting championships that have EVER been held were won by WVU!...that record was set LAST YEAR!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

WVU leads the USA in producing top quality NCAA shooters in all aspects of shooting sports!  WVU produces Olympians who represent the USA, in addition to Olympians who represent other countries!  Over half of the NCAA TEAM shooting championships that have EVER been held were won by WVU!...that record was set LAST YEAR!

Wow, how did you know all that?  Ninety-five percent of the people in our state don't know that.

I was at WVU in 1980 when the "old" stadium was torn down and the current one was constructed.  The WVU shooting team had a rifle range in the old stadium, and despite the fact we had just won the first and only NCAA national championship, the admins did not want to build them a new range, effectively shutting down the program.

Enough people raised heck that a new range was built, saving the team.  They went on to win numerous national rifle championships, still the only NCAA titles won by WVU.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

What do you expect? Their mascot carries a musket, or is it a rifle?

That is a musket.  A lot of competing schools don't want him carrying it at their sporting venues because they don't want to glorify gun crime.  Still, WVU has gotten permission for him to carry it, but I still think there are out-of-state stadiums where he is not permitted to fire it.

16 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Wow, how did you know all that?  Half the people in our state don't know that.

I was at WVU in 1980 when the "old" stadium was torn down and the current one was constructed.  The WVU shooting team had a rifle range in the old stadium, and despite the fact we had just won the first and only NCAA national championship, the admins did not want to build them a new range, effectively shutting down the program.

Enough people raised heck that a new range was built, saving the team.  They went on to win numerous national rifle championships, still the only NCAA titles won by WVU.

I support competitive shooting...and follow our Olympians in their endeavor to win the gold for the USA!  Shooting is one of my favorite things!  It was Ginny (Virginia) Thrasher (out of WVU) who took home the FIRST gold medal for the USA at RIO...in women's 10-meter air rifle...beating the FAVORITE (China's  Du Li) by a full point...209.0 to 208.0, in a MAJOR upset!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That is a musket.  A lot of competing schools don't want him carrying it at their sporting venues because they don't want to glorify gun crime.  Still, WVU has gotten permission for him to carry it, but I still think there are out-of-state stadiums where he is not permitted to fire it.

It only fires NERF projectiles anyway, so it's no big deal.....

• Like 1

E-5 grunt working the jungles of 'Nam, '70-'71. Carry weapon was an "over/under" M-16 with attached 40mm g-launcher, aka M-203. 

HDBR: might interest you to know that from time to time we met up with friendlies from Canada, Australia, and New Zealand who came into the country to help the cause - might even have been a British serviceman or two mixed in with them.

sc0002da42_zps3rdaomrs.jpg

Nowadays I have more leisurely pursuits.  If not listening to my 'Scalas I sometimes jump on the Harley and hit the road.

highres_454322729_zpsqbmtycfr.jpg

• Like 9

12 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Did you know Lewis and Clark carried an air rifle on their trek across the lands. It was a pretty amazing one with 20 shot Mag. and  PCP type power. Historians say that's the reason no one messed with them.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lewis+and+clark+air+gun+story&view=detail&mid=A43D058A5212D962D203A43D058A5212D962D203&FORM=VIRE

Sorry Jim wrong quote ..... half a sleep..lol

Great pics! Here's me and my older brother with boxing gloves (early '50s), with my best friend ('68), my long hair days ('72), and last summer with the wife. (these don't upload and place in correct order... :angry:)

Bruce

58b1a1f057030_BruceandRoger.thumb.jpg.30b4be6af9aec71829aaebd68c40a5db.jpgbruce_gs.jpg.08f0f78d95fbfb2f516959c3ab0bf711.jpgCarna_Bruce_03262016.thumb.jpg.aa42dd6e26cbde1f38d0707adc33c2cd.jpg

Rick and Bruce_gs.jpg

• Like 6