This is me...

HDBRbuilder

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

@HDBRbuilder. Andy, who is guy, rear center, no hat.

What does your shirt say above the LS?  Naked sound?  What was on the rear side of the shirt?

58af8a85d7f78_FixintoseeWillieatShreveport.jpg.9bcee98341b7423d4c65413f59039577.jpg

If you mean the one in center front, holding a can of beer with his head turned towards me, It's Gary Wheelington...he was a dealer rep at Klpsch...died in a car accident less than a year after he left Klipsch!  If you mean the one to Gary's left behind him...it's been many years, and I can't remember his name...LOL!

Above the LaScala on the front of the shirt is what many call the Klipsch "Laser Logo".  If I remember correctly the back of the shirt said "A legend in Sound" with "Feel the Kick" below it.  That was actually my FAVORITE Klipsch shirt...along with the yellow "bullchit" shirt....I wore out a number of the yellow ones the years, but I only was able to get one of the "Naked Sound" LaScala Shirts...needless to say, it finally went to pieces and no way to replace it.

• Like 1

I found a photo of me. Not very old, from 2008.  That is my son in back and a friend of his with the hat on.  We were camping at Dinosaur Valley State Park when we decided to take a drive through a nearby wild animal sanctuary.

DSC_0254.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

Although I'm sure you're a great drummer, ya' gotta love that suit!  At least you Looked like a '70's Rock Star ----

All those rock'n'roll clothes are loooong gone. Not that any of it would still fit me (oh HELL no!), but some of those clothes would be fun to show people nowadays.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 6:16 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

This is me about 7 months before I went to work at Klipsch in July 1976...about to make a few jumps from converted WWII barrage balloons in Brit Jump School in LATE December 1975, right after leading an Airborne rifle squad in continual freezing rain for three and a half weeks on the Salisbury Plains...my feet never really recovered from that freezing rain/SEVERE immersion foot fiasco.  My feet were in excruciating pain when this pic was taken, but REAL PARATROOPERS just NEVER miss a chance for a balloon jump! :

DEC 1975 Brit baloon jumper.JPG

This is me (Second from left) after working at Klipsch for a year or so...with a group from the Hope area,  down in Shreveport, LA getting pre-partied-up prior to going to a WiIlie Nelson/Leon Russell concert at Hirsch Memorial Colosseum:

Fixin to see Willie at Shreveport.jpg

Awesome shots! I think part of what makes Klipsch such a great brand is the living heritage that goes well beyond the Heritage speakers.

I have to say that when I saw these photos the first thing that came to my head was:

Capture.JPG.94bee7d2b5d0c42311392c6e41a16ea6.JPG

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Oh... my Klipsch hat got lost in the Philippines a year ago.

Klipsch hat rule#1:  Always make sure that your pull your wetsuit hood OVER your Klipsch hat when going diving in the Philippines, instead of wearing the hat on top of your hood...because the winds on the banka boat taking you to the dive site will blow the hat off...and if the winds don't do it, when you get in the water some darned HUGE angelfish (or worse) will grab it off your head and wear it around to impress the Bose-loving  clownfish.

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Klipsch hat rule#1:  Always make sure that your pull your wetsuit hood OVER your Klipsch hat when going diving in the Philippines, instead of wearing the hat on top of your hood...because the winds on the banka boat taking you to the dive site will blow the hat off...and if the winds don't do it, when you get in the water some darned HUGE angelfish (or worse) will grab it off your head and wear it around to impress the Bose-loving  clownfish.

I think I left it in a tricycle, or on one of the cebu pacific flights with the hot stewardesses...

• Like 1

Doomed to be a sailor from a young age, i wonder if i was a test subject?

This was my dad's first (dry) sub 1962, model 600.

The popular series was the model 300 as seen in Flipper/Thunderball.

Everyone in Newport/Balboa had boats, and some dam fine one's at that.

We had Subs, interesting childhood. 

31334874716_3f8396ec90.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, minermark said:

Doomed to be a sailor from a young age, i wonder if i was a test subject?

This was my dad's first (dry) sub 1962, model 600.

The popular series was the model 300 as seen in Flipper/Thunderball.

Everyone in Newport/Balboa had boats, and some dam fine one's at that.

We had Subs, interesting childhood. 

31334874716_3f8396ec90.jpg

No way that would float today 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome pic......nice bike!

I don't think Mark would fit in it today:D

You would be amazed what would fit through those conning towers.

Had  friend that was easily 225, slip right in back in the day.

My Dad is the one in the back, Ed his partner is the Pilot.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2