This is me...

HDBRbuilder

8 hours ago, minermark said:

You would be amazed what would fit through those conning towers.

Had  friend that was easily 225, slip right in back in the day.

My Dad is the one in the back, Ed his partner is the Pilot.

s-l1600.jpg

Your dad on a magazine cover. That is special.  What year is that issue from?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Schu said:

18's were Mahogany.

Waverly tuners.

I had a '51 D-18. The tuners weren't Waverly and didn't work well at all. I had them replaced with, current at the time, Grovers. And you are correct sir, a very expensive habit.

True... I dont have a single one left and haven't picked up a guitar for probably 4-5 years... after playing for over 45 years (I started playing classical when I was 10 yeas old).

I can believe how much the values have jumped just in the last 10 yeas s alone.

At one point I had probably 10 Martins, a Bourgeois, collings... I always wanted a Froggy Bottom but wasn't willing to trade in three martins for a single froggy bottom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If photos were attached, I can't see them.

Apparently, I don't know how to attach.  Can you tell me how, or refer me to the instructions on the Forum?  I don't see anything reading "More reply options" in the lower right corner or anywhere else.  I can see my pictures on the white reply screen, but not on the finished forum post area.

The attached screenshots might help,  Click on "choose files" in the lower left.

Be careful, looking at a screenshot of a screenshot, etc. could send you into a wormhole,  We'd need Neil deGrasse Tyson to get you back.

Screenshot (228).png

Screenshot (230).png

• Like 4

Since it certainly appears that many of us are very multi-faceted...here is another facet of mine:  I am an avid motorcyclist, ever since the age of 12, when I got my first motorcycle, a 1967 Yamaha YL1 "Twin-jet 100" in November of 1966.  I have had many motorcycles over the years, both road and off-road, but since I bought it (slightly) used in 1992 (with only 16,000 miles on the clock!), my MAIN ride has been a 1983 BMW R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition...one of only 250 made, and only made for North American consumers.  It now "only" has an ACTUAL 126,000 miles on it and is still going strong!

At Deal's Gap after doing an 11 hour all-nighter (736 miles from my carport to the store at the Gap, in eleven hours, including three stops for gas and one stop for breakfast) from Fort Smith, Arkansas TO Deal's Gap, with bike still unpacked, and riding the tail of the dragon the opposite direction from when I arrived the same morning after unpacking:

andy's.jpg

Deals Gap 1998.jpg

• Like 2

This is an interesting post as it puts faces to forum names.  I think I am one of the younger ones here as this first photo was 10 years ago when we won the high school state championship in pennsylvania (far left in the picture)

58c19322dae58_Freeportstate.jpg.81a119350906c4671ba749659759bc94.jpg

The next year the college I attended won the D3 national championship.  Also, during this time I started to acquire klipsch speakers nothing to fancy just an rc 52 to go with yamaha bookshelf speakers

cal.jpg.87c385012942bae9bd8a5d9551c89188.jpg

Now I am in the Air force nothing exciting like HDR's paratrooping but I have acquired a great deal of klipsch speakers during this time.  I've met a few members from here including colterphoto, indyhawg, woofers and tweeters and I hope to meet more in the future

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Since it certainly appears that many of us are very multi-faceted...here is another facet of mine:  I am an avid motorcyclist, ever since the age of 12, when I got my first motorcycle, a 1967 Yamaha YL1 "Twin-jet 100" in November of 1966.  I have had many motorcycles over the years, both road and off-road, but since I bought it (slightly) used in 1992 (with only 16,000 miles on the clock!), my MAIN ride has been a 1983 BMW R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition...one of only 250 made, and only made for North American consumers.  It now "only" has an ACTUAL 126,000 miles on it and is still going strong!

At Deal's Gap after doing an 11 hour all-nighter (736 miles from my carport to the store at the Gap, in eleven hours, including three stops for gas and one stop for breakfast) from Fort Smith, Arkansas TO Deal's Gap, with bike still unpacked, and riding the tail of the dragon the opposite direction from when I arrived the same morning after unpacking:

andy's.jpg

Deals Gap 1998.jpg

Damn nice machine. Based after the R100RS models of the late 70's. Offering some of the best weather protection of any faired bike then and now. Always wanted an RS, had an 1980 R100S and of course wish I still had it. Had numerous BMW's and currently the K1600 six cylinder. Quite the machine but I bet, I know, the weather protection on your RT is better than what I have on the K16. Any chance we will see her in Hope?

• Like 2