This is me...

HDBRbuilder

43 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

As my lawn mowing skills improved, and my allowance was adjusted accordingly, I could finally afford my own drawer to sleep in...

3.jpg

They just dont make cabinets like that any more... no more hard wood unless you really have capital to blow.

• Like 1

2001 in Hope.  I'm on the front row with Wm. James.

Klipsch theater.jpg

2006 End of Saddle Sore 1000 in Luckenback.  Where ELSE would we go?

DSCF6700.JPG

2015 covered in coal dust working at a power plant near Amarillo, TX.  Retirement job, paid for new top for my convertible!

20141105_195148_resized.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, John Albright said:

This is my favorite ride, in west TX where it earned it's name Trans Continental Ballistic Missile.

DSCN0724e.JPG

Have you ever run across Voni or Paul Glaves while riding in West Texas?  Voni would be on a RED BMW, Red leathers, red helmet...she has more than one red Beemer, though...K75, R1100RS, etc.  They retired to the Terlingua area a few years back.

• Like 1

Since this is now "This is me ride,"  I'll post another photo of my avatar.  Note the SuperTrapp side pipes.  Many a case of "Viper rash" from those.  The car was so low there was no room to run the exhaust under the car.  Even if there were, the hot exhaust would have heated the aluminum floor pan enough to bake the occupants,  The Buick V8 exhaust note/pressure from the side pipes would set off the alarms in parked cars.

Rotus_,75_rear.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Have you ever run across Voni or Paul Glaves while riding in West Texas?  Voni would be on a RED BMW, Red leathers, red helmet...she has more than one red Beemer, though...K75, R1100RS, etc.  They retired to the Terlingua area a few years back.

I have been through a lot of that area and Terlingua, too, but did not meet your friends.  "Found" a C&BP check point on that trip.  Opened my shield and said "Ten-uh-seee" and got waved on with a "get outta here".  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 3/16/2017 at 9:46 PM, mungkiman said:

Soon after, I was fortunate enough to retire...

Those are all funny, and cool pictures.

On 4/7/2017 at 7:48 PM, USNRET said:

Still researching time frame- circa - dates - thingy

Cool pictures, you look like your dad. 

2 hours ago, Schu said:

Picture of the old ball and chain and I...

Very nice pictures, pretty girl, whoever picked out the clothes did great, I would hope it's what you were married in instead of the standard bs.