Klipschorn Pair - Fayetteville NC area - $1800

Wolfpack02

I have a sequential pair of Klipschorns that I inherited from my uncle when he passed away.  I had them in a large bonus room for about 5 years and they worked great.  We moved and my bonus room has became a toy room so I have no room for them.  I have very little knowledge  about them and estimated my price based on what I see on eBay and Craigslist.  I've also asked a few folks with way more knowledge than me.  I welcome any more knowledge and offers.  From what I've read online they're from 1979.  I know my uncle had someone refinish them in a dark walnut stain but they were Birch Raw originally. Would it be worth it to me to sand them down and return to their original state?  Is my asking price way off?  I don't think I'd want to venture into shipping them but I'll listen to anything.  Thanks in advance.  It won't let me upload all the pics, I have a Craigslist ad with some more.  https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/ele/6016690125.html

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

• Like 1

Your asking price is within the range of Khorn prices I have seen before in the high-avg range.  In general the market will tell you if they are priced correctly.  Higher priced Khorns will usually take longer to sell, dropping the price will help them move a little faster.

Your speakers are worth exactly what a willing Seller and a willing Buyer agree on.  You have a pair of Khorns which are highly desirable on the used market.  It is perfectly OK to use Ebay to get general idea of how to price speakers in your market.  I would not go by asking prices, check by using SOLD prices.

I would sell the speakers as-is.  If you refinish them (which is a BIG job) they will still not be worth any more than your current asking price.  Others will suggest you update/upgrade your 40 year-old Type AA crossovers.  I would suggest you leave them alone so the next owner can update or upgrade to his needs.  It would be better to drop your price $200 than to do your own pre-sale upgrades.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I agree but what do I know.  I do know that I've been following (not closely but following) the Heritage line, watching for deals, for a few months.  $1500 seems low to me too.  if I could talk the GF into them, I would be apt to jump on them at that price.  but we all know selling price does vary some according to location, need to sell or not & other things.

in my noobie opinion based on what I've seen, there does not seem to be much demand in your area @Wolfpack02.  someone may be trying to take advantage of that low demand, and possibly your own lack of experience, so they can score a deal.

that's just my $.02 worth.

• Like 1

You guys are a lot of help, thanks for chiming in.  $2000 was my target from the beginning.  I've had several trade offers close to that but nothing I've been interested in or something I thought I could sell easier.  I feel like at least one of my offers is from someone that's going to drive a little ways to pick them up, do some upgrades and flip them.  Like I said, I really just want to get a fair price out of them, not trying to give them away.  I really do appreciate you folks though.

6 hours ago, Wolfpack02 said:

$1500 seems to be the offer that I keep getting.  Does that seem fair?  I'm in no rush but I don't want to turn away offers if it's all I'm going to get in the long run. 

PM sent.

+++

I would suggest you pull them from CL, sit on it for a week.  Then relist them at a price a little higher than you expect to get, and be prepared to negotiate down to your bottom line price.

If someone says they are going to have to update the crossovers, immediately drop your price $100, the cost of a Crites rebuild kit for Khorns.

Use good high quality pictures and clean the speakers as best you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

PM sent.

+++

I would suggest you pull them from CL, sit on it for a week.  Then relist them at a price a little higher than you expect to get, and be prepared to negotiate down to your bottom line price.

If someone says they are going to have to update the crossovers, immediately drop your price $100, the cost of a Crites rebuild kit for Khorns.

Use good high quality pictures and clean the speakers as best you can.

That's going to be my plan, already pulled them from Craigslist.  I'm going to clean them up a little and take some better pictures.  Another question, wouldn't most people that are interested in these be on a forum like this?  Are there any other boards I should post these on?

5 hours ago, Wolfpack02 said:

Another question, wouldn't most people that are interested in these be on a forum like this?  

Absolutely!  Advertising on the Klipsch Forum is like preaching to the choir. 

Even if some members already have Khorns they might know a neighbor who is looking to move up to Khorns.  We have all kinds of perspective buyers here, most are extremely knowledgeable.

You're selling Klipschorns.  I assure you, people are watching.  B)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfpack02 said:

Is there any way to edit the price in the title of this post?  I don't want a potential buyer to skip over the thread completely because the price is too high.

Just hover over the title then click and hold to edit.

17 minutes ago, Wolfpack02 said:

Is there any way to edit the price in the title of this post?  I don't want a potential buyer to skip over the thread completely because the price is too high.

go to your first post and hit edit

• Like 1