(no longer available) 1986 Klipsch Heresy ii special edition $500 {portland oregon}

racebum

clean pair of klipsch heresy ii's, these happen to be a limited edition run of the signature editions which were sold at military PX stores between 1986 and roughly 1988. i purchased these from the original owner who picked them up while stationed in germany in 1988. 

all drivers and horns are original. crossovers have been recapped with french made solen poly caps on the horns and a bennic electrolytic for the woofer due to age. 

cabinets are a solid 8 on the 10 scale. minor imperfections but no substantial damage. a few corner nicks and pen tip size marks here and there. for being 30 years old they are better than most but not gem mint. one of the paper serial number labels is also missing on the rear but intact on the other. 

drivers all perform with no issues, no rattles or weird sounds at high SPL driving. one neat thing about the heresy ii that you can not do with a heresy i is the factory update to heresy iii. you can buy the heresy iii kits from klipsch for 290 each and or try the crites titanium horn diaphrams with the model 2 horns if you want more sizzle in the highs. customization options are definitely there. the really neat thing about going 3 is you can sell the existing woofers and horns to pay for the majority of the upgrade. woofers alone are fetching 250pr on ebay and the horns 100pr each which is 450 before fees of your upgrade money if you decide to go that route. and or just keep them 100% heritage as they are now and match with a subwoofer and warm sounding amplifier for many more years of enjoyment

these in similar condition have been closing 650-700 on ebay + shipping for the past 180 days. i'm pricing them already at a good deal as i don't want to hunt down boxes for shipping nor take the damage risk if i don't have to. fingers crossed someone local to the area wants them. there is a big vintage scene around portland, ore

i have a feeling these will attract a very specific type of buyer who knows what he or possibly she wants. shoot me a PM with a phone number and a good time to call and i will give you a ring when i'm free and we can chat. priced at $500pr

more pics by email are not a problem

P1020942.JPG

P1020939.JPG

Price appears fair to both Buyer and Seller.  The only thing I would be concerned about is finding a Klipsch forum member who is near Oregon.  I would like to think there are some people you might attract through the local CL.

If you can find a local buyer I would think you would have no problem moving these.

GLWYS

thanks guys ! put them on CL as well. two emails already. one guy says he wants them, another gets paid next week. sounds like i priced them fairly which is what i was going for. hopefully i get a serious one before long

thanks for the feedback guys ! 

also LOLd at the oregon part, probably already be gone in arkansas :) 

4 hours ago, Schu said:

Definitely dont ship them unless you know how to properly pack them, my pair of signatures arrived wrapped in bubble wrap and were hopelessly damaged.

that was my worry. i would ideally want heresy iii boxes from a retailer with hard foam for packing. bubble wrap + 50lbs with sharp edges is risky

so far 3 emails, if i'm getting that on day one i doubt i will have them at the end of next week

I wish I was still in Oregon!  I do head back out there 3-4 times per year for work but as mentioned above, shipping them is a risk regardless.  I had a brand new pair of HIII's shipped to my house in Hillsboro 2 years ago, and one of them was badly damaged.

9 hours ago, Shaun K said:

I wish I was still in Oregon!  I do head back out there 3-4 times per year for work but as mentioned above, shipping them is a risk regardless.  I had a brand new pair of HIII's shipped to my house in Hillsboro 2 years ago, and one of them was badly damaged.

horror stories like this are what made me figure i'd be better off selling for a  few dollars less local in cash than risking a higher priced sale + shipping + hunting boxes + risk all for maybe 50-100 more

i don't mind shipping light bookshelf speakers but these things are tanks. ideally they would go on a pallet strapped down but that would be $$

9 hours ago, Shaun K said:

Ironic that these are actually listed in Hillsboro...

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ele/6017168790.html

17 minutes ago, racebum said:

horror stories like this are what made me figure i'd be better off selling for a  few dollars less local in cash than risking a higher priced sale + shipping + hunting boxes + risk all for maybe 50-100 more

i don't mind shipping light bookshelf speakers but these things are tanks. ideally they would go on a pallet strapped down but that would be $$

It's always a risk, for sure. This is the reason I drove almost 1000 miles down to Missouri and back to pick up the Chorus speakers from @Matthews last year.  Still wish I was local, I'd pick these up on principle alone!  I'll be back in town in about 3 weeks, so if they aren't sold by then let me know :) 

4 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Ahh that makes it even more painful!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mungkiman said:

LOL that is just crazy ! so far i have two very serious guys from that ad. the really crazy party is how happy they both were that i recapped them. i mean....is soldering in new caps really a huge selling point? it was very easy to do and cost me about $20. it just made me laugh they both mentioned having vintage speakers and sending them out for this service. 

got me. maybe they didn't have a father who taught them how to solder properly when they were a kid like i did

• Like 1

Not everyone is even moderately into fooling around with soldering irons and such.....They just want to plug it in and go....for real.  Updated crossovers definitely a nice selling point, and I think helps to maintain a fair, firm price....whatever you set that too....

• Like 2