Klipsch ONE / THREE - Opinions Please

BamaMike

I tried to search for a thread but the words "ONE" and "THREE" don't exactly return a short list. LOL

Can anyone provide a review (there's a couple on the main site but...)? Just curious what you all might think or if that many have even purchased.

I bought my wife some Sennheiser PXC550 headphones for her work and she likes them a lot and now that she is familiar with bluetooth, she is requesting a bluetooth style system for the bathroom for when she is in the tub.

Being the guy I am, I would op for the THREE over the ONE just for the added features etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have the ONE for my son.  He loves it.  The bluetooth range isn't that far but we didn't buy it for that.

He uses an Amazon Echo with minijack out to the ONE.  Sounds great in a bedroom.  More power than you would need.

The knob that switches between AUX and Bluetooth is soft.....and can't tell what is selected at times.  The little greenlight helps.

The volume knob doesn't have a "marker".  So when you first turn "on", you don't know how loud it will be. 

I'm assuming knobs are digital......probably all units like this.

I would buy again.  Wife and I considered the THREE for our bedroom..  But would be hard to remove Forte II's and vintage Onkyo.

• Like 1

Thanks so much! The additional features of the THREE will undoubtedly lure me in. I've been working towards a bedroom system but in addition to her "bath time music" this might be cool to have in the bedroom until I get my act together on the system.

I'll be watching for a deal in the next few months. Her birthday is in July so I have time.

• 1 month later...

Hi All -- I just purchased "The One" and want to use it with my Echo Dot.  However, the unit appears to power off after 30 minutes or so of inactivity.  Have you guys found a way around this?  It's not as convenient to have to turn the unit on before using the echo dot. I'd like for it to be always on when plugged into the a/c outlet.  Let me know! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the The Three on Friday. I have to say that this little well not so little speaker is beautifully made. I'm still on the fence about using the words Heritage on it but that is just me. I spent all day with this thing yesterday streaming via bluetooth. The sound quality is very very good and the bass response is also very very good. I have not yet tested the other functionalities that this speaker offers. However I can say that this is a buy for what it is, just a great looking and sounding speaker. Chris at solutions home entertainment was great to work with, great to have an authorized dealer just right down the road. So if your in the market for a nice bluetooth speaker I would defiantly recommend picking this up.

23 hours ago, rockhound said:

Picked up the The Three on Friday. I have to say that this little well not so little speaker is beautifully made. I'm still on the fence about using the words Heritage on it but that is just me. I spent all day with this thing yesterday streaming via bluetooth. The sound quality is very very good and the bass response is also very very good. I have not yet tested the other functionalities that this speaker offers. However I can say that this is a buy for what it is, just a great looking and sounding speaker. Chris at solutions home entertainment was great to work with, great to have an authorized dealer just right down the road. So if your in the market for a nice bluetooth speaker I would defiantly recommend picking this up.

Great review.  I hope the electronics hold up better in these than some of the electronics in their other offerings.  Be sure to give us a long term review.

Carl that is my biggest concern I really wish manufacures would make these modular so you could swap out electronics easier down the road when they eventually fail. I did make one mistake I assumed that the 3 like its lil brother the 1 would have a rechargeable battery. It doesn't so I will be exchanging it for the 1 when I get back home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I have a problem with The One, and just wanna check if anyone else has heard about or experienced the same thing:

I just got my hands on a brand new Klipsch The One. This is located in my Office, so i paired it with my iPhone (bluetooth) and started playing some music from Spotify.

Didn't take many seconds before I noticed something was really wrong with the sound.  

An example:  If a song starts with a vocal only, the vocal is perfect until the first bass drums appear. Then the sound of the vocal is almost muted with every beat of the drum.

(Bad explanation, but in short: every time there is a heavy bass note/drum in any song, the highs/mids are very muted at exactly the same time as the hit of the bass.)

Then tried playing music from other apps from the same phone, all with the same result. 

Have tried streaming music to the speaker via bluetooth on my computer, this works fine.

Also tried connecting my iPhone to "The One" with a cable and 3.5mm jack, this works fine as well.

Can also mention that 3 of my colleagues bought the same speaker at the same time, so I tested another "The One" with my iPhone and got the same result.

In addition I have tested an iPad Mini and another iPhone with my "The One", same issue for all.

But with a Samsung Galaxy s7 it works fine.

Seemes to me that it has a problem with bluetooth from iOS devices.

Could also mention that the last few years, I have bought way too many Bluetooth speakers, so my office and home is full of them. Probably shouldn't buy more, but I really wanted this. :)  Haven't experienced the same thing on any of the others.

Anyone think this could be corrected via a firmware upgrade? 

And if anyone else have seen this, is this the same Issue with "The Three"?  (Maybe I'll get an excuse to replace it with "The Three"...) 

(Please apologize for bad English as I'm Norwegian.)

Edited by Multipilot

1 hour ago, Multipilot said:

Seemes to me that it has a problem with bluetooth from iOS devices.

Welcome.

Seems to me your diagnosis is spot on.  Another reason I avoid iPhones.  What do you think of the sound quality when hard wired or using the Samsung?

Apology for "bad English?"  You should sample my Norwegian.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I think the sound quality of this speaker is very good, especially for such a small speaker.  As an office speaker it will be played at low volumes most of the time (unfortunately), but I think it does a very good job. The sound is rich and detailed. It will also handle all the different music genres I've thrown at it with ease. Can't play too high though as I would have the people from the offices next door running in to complain, but from testing a bit at higher volumes, it has plenty more to offer for a moderately sized room.

And I love the design, looks like the speaker has never heard of the word "cheap". 

• Like 1