JBL summit 300's SOLD !!!!!!!!!

staygroovybaby

Hello everyone, I am going to be moving soon and have a lot of gear to sell. A simple matter of downsizing. I don't want to pack and haul all of this with me.
I will provide a comprehensive list very soon. All the equipment is in very good condition to mint. Some I can ship and some will need to be picked up. This is not a fire sale however I am pricing all equipment at reasonable prices. I will be taking a loss on some items.

I live 20 minutes from Pensacola FL & 20 from Mobile AL.
Feel free to call me @ ( 251 ) 213 - 1388    Dean

If you are interested in anything I have for sale please call me. I will be happy to talk, answer questions, negotiate, what ever. Tex ting and Emailing is not my choice of communication. Call it old school or whatever but a phone call is where I prefer to start.  

Lets start with my JBL summit 300'S   SOLD!!!!

I am asking $4500 to members of the forum. might negotiate a little.  They will need to be picked up.

Sonically they are a 10,  Cosmetically they are a 9+, only because the grill s have some fuzz balls  and you may want to put new cloth on them. The cabinets are outstanding. They have consecutive numbers.

Call with any questions.
They have  recently up graded with new woofers. 

The woofers have been upgraded and are JBL's latest technology and are rated at 600 watts with a max of 1200 watts.
They are designed  for 8 ohm or 16 ohm. 

The JBL 2226 h woofers are more efficient ( 97 db 1 watt/1 meter) than the original 136 a woofers ( 93 db 1 watt/ 1 meter ) and will cruse with amps that have less power.
The bass is more defined with a stronger punch with the new woofers.
I

DSC02536.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Do you happen to have the original woofers and do you know if there are rebuild kits still available for them?

Most speakers that are being sold for vintage have original parts to demand prices like you are asking (though maybe not exactly as good as parts built today).

Yes I have the originals & and yes there are rebuild kits available for them.  They are for sale.  You are correct in your last statement, a lot of people want all original ( purist ) but upgrades like the woofers I used can make an enormous difference in the quality of sound produced.  

Sorry to thread crap but my first "real" speakers were a custom made cabinet housing JBL LE15a woofers and LE85 compression drivers. I would love to have those back, traded them for my first Klipsch, brand new LaScallas. Folks on the JBL Heritage site claimed I had lost my mind and had regressed rapidly. 

Oh Man!!! I have lusted after a pair of 300's my entire audio life, they are one of the sexiest things on the planet.

They would never take the place of Klipsch in my heart or the like, just always wanted a pair. Wish I could afford them.

I would send the mid lenses off to be powder coated the correct color and get the original woofers back in them but other than that......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jorjen said:

Oh Man!!! I have lusted after a pair of 300's my entire audio life, they are one of the sexiest things on the planet.

They would never take the place of Klipsch in my heart or the like, just always wanted a pair. Wish I could afford them.

I would send the mid lenses off to be powder coated the correct color and get the original woofers back in them but other than that......

Hear Hear!!!!

4 hours ago, jorjen said:

The lenses are the correct color, The light is reflecting off of them. as for the woofers, the new ones blow the old ones out of the water. and were recommended straight by JBL 

2 hours ago, staygroovybaby said:

The lenses are the correct color, The light is reflecting off of them. as for the woofers, the new ones blow the old ones out of the water. and were recommended straight by JBL 

OK, sorry about the lenses. I stand corrected. I honestly thought they look stripped down to bare metal. Saw the pictures elsewhere and thought the same thing. Good to know on the woofers I bet they sound incredible.

Anyway, sure wish I could snag 'em, they are beautiful. All the luck with the sale.