New Bluetooth for the Sansui 9090

I just finished up installing the  JL audio Bluetooth receiver. I found this on you tube and tried it out.it works great and can really get bluetooth on anything that has spare rca input jack.I am using the aux on my Sansui.With that said i found a pretty kool app on my phone with some good quality radio stations from around the world.I cant believe how good it sounds coming from my phone... crappy Lg phone.Its an app called Radio.net.It is totally free.I searched jazz blues dance and it shows the station and where its coming from along with the kbps.There are stations all over broadcasting in 128-320kbps.The US stations are really slacking here.anyway wanted to give all you streaming guys a heads up on this..It may be old news to some but its new to me...lol.

• Like 1

I like this its low key i am going to hide it in my rack so you dont see anything but the light so you know when its connected? Its for anything that is 12 volt so i just found a 1 amp charger for like a tablet and spliced it in.i plug it into the plug in the back of the reciever comes on and off with the reciever.

20170224_194225.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, mustangerfourlife said:

I like this its low key i am going to hide it in my rack so you dont see anything but the light so you know when its connected? Its for anything that is 12 volt so i just found a 1 amp charger for like a tablet and spliced it in.i plug it into the plug in the back of the reciever comes on and off with the reciever.

I take it has no indicator/power light, but it is intended to stash in or around a dashboard of a vehicle or motorcycle.

There is the JL MBT-CRX, which is a round panel type unit with controls and illumination...but more expensive.

One is on the way for myself, should have it on Friday or Saturday. It'll be used the same way, connected to a auxiliary input of a vintage receiver. The GF can have more music to listen to than the lame radio stations around here.

According to the specs, (which is a bit limited in information) idle current is 20ma, and full current is 30-35ma.

The MBT-RX has Bluetooth v.4, and APTX. Unfortunately, the GF's phone doesn't have the APTX codec, for CD type quality.

And both the transmitting and receiving devices must have the APTX codec to produce the higher quality audio.

Nonetheless, it couldn't be too much worse the plain ol' FM...

7 hours ago, mike stehr said:

I take it has no indicator/power light, but it is intended to stash in or around a dashboard of a vehicle or motorcycle.

There is the JL MBT-CRX, which is a round panel type unit with controls and illumination...but more expensive.

One is on the way for myself, should have it on Friday or Saturday. It'll be used the same way, connected to a auxiliary input of a vintage receiver. The GF can have more music to listen to than the lame radio stations around here.

According to the specs, (which is a bit limited in information) idle current is 20ma, and full current is 30-35ma.

The MBT-RX has Bluetooth v.4, and APTX. Unfortunately, the GF's phone doesn't have the APTX codec, for CD type quality.

And both the transmitting and receiving devices must have the APTX codec to produce the higher quality audio.

Nonetheless, it couldn't be too much worse the plain ol' FM...

Yes it does have a power light i put a rotary switch on it and i didnt have it turned on.Also be sure to check out Radio.net.I have been listening to that and sounds better then cds.The stations over sea have much better sq.There are a few audiophile jazz and other stations that play at 320kbps and dont have have the commercials.Really enoying it.Did i mention its FREE..

I received the unit today. I have a Kele brand DCPA 1.2 variable/regulated 12-24 volt supply...I set it for 13 volts...

Hooked it up to the receiver, fired it up, and the GF's phone paired up with it in about 30 seconds.

Good lord...she then took over. I've got a jukebox with a DJ out in the living room...

Curious to hear the receiver paired with another device with the APTX codec, but the sound quality isn't all that bad depending on the music.