Hello all, so after 3 (not to mention) av receivers in the last 5 years, and after countless hours of research, I have decided to go with a Cambridge Audio CXR-200 av receiver. At this moment I cannot provide a critical or accurate review but from what I researched I feel this avr will be a good decision. It came down to the numbers, 120wpc @8ohms with all channels driven, and even more enticing 170wpc @8ohms with 2 channels driven. Pre-outs are limited to 2 left and right channels which are important and detrimental to what I want to achieve in my home theater. From there this receiver seems to have everything that most to almost all av receivers have EXCEPT, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and the most 'wounding', HDR processing. What I found most intriguing about this receiver is what the essence of home theater is about; the sound and how this receiver processes that sound. Next week when I free this beautiful beast from its cardboard surroundings, I will provide a more detailed and updated review. Does anyone out there have experience or know of anyone owning the Cambridge Audio CXR-200? As always, thank you for you thoughts and comments. 

6 hours ago, Christiaan said:

Does anyone out there have experience or know of anyone owning the Cambridge Audio CXR-200? As always, thank you for you thoughts and comments. 

No experience with CA AVRs but very fond of the CA pieces(840C, 751BD, 640A v2, 640C v2, DacMagic)) I own or have owned.

Looking forward to your opinions when you get her fired up.

Bill

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 1:31 AM, Christiaan said:

Pre-outs are limited to 2 left and right channels which are important

Clever move by Cambridge Audio because they do not offer a multichannel amplifier but only produce the Azur 851W stereo amp, which is a fine one indeed.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851w

Bill

• Like 1