Small Home Theater Dilemma

vtpalmer

Here's my dilemma, I have a real small home theater, 9 x 16 with an 6 x 6 offset for components. I have one loveseat, a projector, a screen 102" dia. I have Denon AVR 7.1 and a Denon 2.1 receivers, Sony Blue-Ray, Denon Turntable, Onkyo 6-disc CD changer.  I have 3 Herseys a pair of Fortes' and two RS 3 surrounds and a RW 12d sub. My 7.1 does not have turntable phono input, but the 2.1 does. I would like to use the Forte's just for music, and the Hersey LCR sub and RS3 surround for movies. But I don't have room for both Forte's and the Herseys up front.  I don't mind to run 5.1. I want to use the 2.1 receiver for vinyl, music, and the 5.1 for movies.  Any ideas on how to make this set up work? 

Let's see if we can get @jimjimbo to weigh in for a suggestion.  I think he said he had a custom switcher to run multiple setups similar to what you have in mind.

+++

In the meantime, why can't you let the AVR control the multiple setups?  It can easily switch electronically between 5.1 and 2.1.  Someone here should be able to point you to some kind of contraption that will allow you to add a phono input to the AVR.

In terms of speaker configuration my vote is 5.1.   Even with speakers as efficient as Klipsch I find whenever I add more speakers I lose some dynamics. 

That would be Fortes L/R, Heresy C.  Then the other Heresy's RS and LS, probably on stands to get them slightly above ear level.  If you have room I like the RW-12d (I have one too) slightly offset the right or left of your Center speaker.

Yea, I thought about all these configurations, my problem being I don't have room for the Herseys in the rear. I'm currently running a little phono preamp with my AVR it seems like it works pretty decent. It's a behringer.  Probably as good as a built in pre-amp. My Forte's are upstairs in the living room for TV seems like a waste especially since I have some Klipsch bookshelf speakers I could use up there. 

10 minutes ago, vtpalmer said:

Yea, I thought about all these configurations, my problem being I don't have room for the Herseys in the rear.

I am thinking the H's would be surrounds.  I think you are saying the H's would not work for either sides in 5.1, or rears in 7.1

If you can't use the H's then RS3's go to surround in 5.1, leaving a pair of Heresy's to go somewhere else with the receiver.  They would make great TV speakers I would think.