Complete in ceiling setup

jstjohn83

Hello everyone. I am currently building a house and had it prewired for 7.1 surround sound. The only option for speaker placement was in the ceiling, so I was looking at getting the CDT-3650-C II. Does anyone have experience with the ceiling speakers? In the showroom today they sounded a little muffled, but I was told it was because of the setup and how they are tied to a switch so of course the wire length in my house will be shorter. Also my living room setup is an open floorplan so not sure if that will be worse for ceiling speakers. I am hoping that I can change settings either with treble/bass or with the receiver to make it sound awesome. I have found nothing but awesome reviews for these speakers.

Also I was looking at receivers, and the cheapest one at the store I was at was the Pioneer-VSXLX101 but I currently have the Onkyo HT-S5100, so I was looking to upgrade to the Onkyo TX-NR757 (over the 747)

It just seems that going off specs that even the Pioneer is worse than the Onkyo I already have, and Onkyo seems to be the best bang for the buck. Any help would be appeciated.

Welcome to the forum. The front and center may not sound right coming from the ceiling.  They need to be near the screen. It's a problem when people pre-wire a house and compromise the audio setup from the start.  If you have not checked out a correctly setup system, don't continue looking at different systems.  Not to be overly negative, in-ceiling can be a great piece in a system in certain roles.  You will be fine for basic TV and ambient music.  A pic of the room will help others look for solutions.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, derrickdj1 said:

You guys are a rough crowd.:angry2:  To bad there is nice a nicer way to state this.:)

I'd prefer to think of it as tough love.  We're just trying to prevent him from spending money on speakers and installation only to be disappointed with the end results.

• Like 1