KG 5.2

SonicSeeker

Congrats on the purchase! I really like my KG 5.5s, they have a really open sound with tons of bass. For a center option, I heard the KV-2 or Kv-3 are a similar but not a perfect match. They come up pretty often and a good price would be $40 to $50 for the KV-2 and $60 to $75 for the KV-3. For surrounds, I really like the KSB 1.1 speakers. They are not very pretty unless you get them in white but the Tractix horn tweeters and high output can keep up well with the KG 5.5s. They are typically in the $40 to $60 range as well and the larger KSB 2.1's are good as well.

15 minutes ago, SonicSeeker said:

Yes I agree 

How does a Forte II compare with this speaker? 

I was thinking of trying a pair to run off a tube amp for 2 channel but I have never heard them. I like the size, a smaller version of the Chorus II which I used to have and wish I still did. 

I have not heard the Forte II but from what I have read they are a more balanced and mid range focused speaker than the KG 5.5. It depends on your music taste. If you like Hip Hop or Electronic Music, I think KG 5.5 is the best Klipsch speaker hands down but if you are more into nuanced traditional music like Jazz I would think the Forte is a better choice in a 2 channel setup.

1 hour ago, SonicSeeker said:

Yes I agree 

How does a Forte II compare with this speaker? 

I was thinking of trying a pair to run off a tube amp for 2 channel but I have never heard them. I like the size, a smaller version of the Chorus II which I used to have and wish I still did. 

I never compared them to the forte II. The forte II are great speakers, a lot of bass, and the benefits of a 3 way speaker. The fortes don't need a sub. That being said, there is something very special about the kg5.2 speakers. I can't get over the natural sound that they had in the mids to highs. I just sold my forte II speakers, but I think I'll miss my kg5.2 speakers more (luckily my cousin bought them and I can visit). Enjoy your setup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtr20 said:

there is something very special about the kg5.2 speakers. I can't get over the natural sound that they had in the mids to highs.

I think I'll miss my kg5.2 speakers more (luckily my cousin bought them and I can visit).

That's funny, a good friend of mine still has my old 5.2's with three KG 2.2's for his center and surround speakers. That's really a very nice sounding setup especially for the price. The 5.2's were my favorite 2-way Klipsch speaker until my more recent brush with the RF-5's.

I bought my KG 5.5's new and have a KV1 and the KV3 center channel.  I've never been disappointed with them.  I'm going to try some Crites diaphragms soon as my original ones are starting to sound hazy.  The only thing I wish that I could change is the bucking magnets that I added to the 10's a long time ago.  The magnets came from Klipsch and the technician I was on the phone with said that I would lose 1 dB in sensitivity, or was it output?  I can't remember.  If I could find the cups that went with them it would bring everything back to where it was.

Congrats on the 5.2's.  Glad your enjoying them.

• 4 years later...

Hi, 

I’m totally new to this group but a long-time fan of vintage Klipsch speakers. I have an opportunity to get a pair of kg 5.2 ‘s but  the price this guy wants is $600 for the pair. From what I’m reading this price seems to verge on the ridiculous. 
I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth metroplex. 
All opinions are appreciated. 
TIA 

Paul