RF7II black or cherry?

Kman

8 hours ago, Youthman said:

Or maybe this will help you visualize which would look better in your own room.

klipsch-rf-7ii-black-home-theater.jpg

klipsch-rf-7ii-cherry-home-theater.jpg

wow-great job. really puts things in perspective. outstanding effort- really appreciate your time on this.  Leaning towards black as well ( but still love the cherry). 

9 hours ago, Youthman said:

Forgive me....I forgot to include that your room looks AMAZING!  Very nicely done.  It might have taken much longer than expected but your efforts really paid off.  You are going to love having a dedicated theater room.

thanks-I've been following yours- its awesome. love all the detail put into it.  Mine was never intended to be a full fledge movie room- but things just kept changing. still might go with a tv on wall and motorized screen. kind of best of both worlds. hard to tell from the pic, but I had a recessed area above the cabinet in the ceiling installed for this purpose. I should take some  more pictures I guess.

9 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

Yep I like both woods. Black would look best in there. And me personally, I can't stand the look of the copper drivers on cherry wood. Looks cheesy to me. I like them on cherry speakers where the front is black. That's what I'm most excited about the new ones. Looks way better in my opinion. 

yeah- I was debating if I should wait for the new line ( love new stuff- who doesn't).  But would have to pay more for sure. Also curious as to how much better ( if any?) they would be from the current line. Impatience is tough to fight sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, Kman said:

yeah- I was debating if I should wait for the new line ( love new stuff- who doesn't).  But would have to pay more for sure. Also curious as to how much better ( if any?) they would be from the current line. Impatience is tough to fight sometimes. 

I hear that. I doubt the new line will be any better. They are prolly going to go a little more laid back like the rest of the RP line. So me I'd prolly love them for music but hate them for movies. 

Have you thought about something like the ki-396? Ask @MetropolisLakeOutfitters About a 396 vs a 7ii

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Youthman said:

First off, your room looks spectacular, very nice.

I thought cherry would look better, like an accent color. But after seeing Youthman's handy work, I think black would blend in better. If the cherry was a deeper red, it might look better. 

Youthman (Michael) I'm always amazed at how far you go to help out around here:D

• Like 1

What is behind the screen wall?  Would be nice if you could get your center behind the screen where it's supposed to be. :)  

As for the 396's, it is entirely possible to custom build them to have the new matte black finish like on the Forte III's.  It would look nice and sound killer.  Not sure about the center situation though, ideally you'd have three.  

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

What is behind the screen wall?  Would be nice if you could get your center behind the screen where it's supposed to be. :)  

As for the 396's, it is entirely possible to custom build them to have the new matte black finish like on the Forte III's.  It would look nice and sound killer.  Not sure about the center situation though, ideally you'd have three.  

well unlike most people- my room is not in the basement. its part of a new addition/remodel and is off the kitchen area on the main floor. behind the screen wall partial is a bathroom, most is just the back of the house. Originally it was just to be a mix-media-living/hangout room. but it kinda evolved to what you see. I know ideally home theaters are designed differently with AT screen and  equipment in its own area etc. But too late to worry about that now. I was leaning towards the RF line only because I already had the surrounds. I also owned the first series RF line and liked them. Honestly never heard the 396s. I'm sure they are stellar. Have to consider the wife factor too. Also a more conventional center center would work better height wise not to obstruct any type of projection screen fixed or motorized that I install. Trust me there are many things after the fact you say to yourself that you would do differently. If this was the only room that was in the plans probably more thought could have been invested. But kitchens, bathrooms etc were also in the plans so there was a lot going on all at once. 

I don't know man that cherry is looking mighty good

Display SAMSUNG KS8000, AVR Denon x4300h, L-R RF-82ii, C-RC-62ii, surround still in the building process, Sub R-12SW.
Future Build the whole RF-7ii line up.

Great looking room.  Good idea to have both a tv and drop down screen in front.  It is nice to have options.   Not a fan of the metallic reflective drivers being exposed in a theater room.  For me,  they distract the eye, as ones speakers should disappear and not be a focus or catch the light, when a movie is displayed. Perhaps, if you prefer the cherry, they might fit in better with the grills on. That also gives you 2 different looks depending on your interest at the time. 

12 minutes ago, shiva said:

Great looking room.  Good idea to have both a tv and drop down screen in front.  It is nice to have options.   Not a fan of the metallic reflective drivers being exposed in a theater room.  For me,  they distract the eye, as ones speakers should disappear and not be a focus or catch the light, when a movie is displayed. Perhaps, if you prefer the cherry, they might fit in better with the grills on. That also gives you 2 different looks depending on your interest at the time. 

yes , did n't want to box myself in with just one type of screen. don't think the wife wanted to use the room just for movies and wouldn't want to watch everything on a massive screen all the time. as for the speakers- yes, I would definitely leave the grills on, no matter what color I choose. thats what I thought originally. might add a bit of variation with the room with cherry. I know most home theaters the goal is to have the screen wall virtually disappear when watching a movie in the dark, which is why I though maybe the black would be better. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kman said:

yes , did n't want to box myself in with just one type of screen. don't think the wife wanted to use the room just for movies and wouldn't want to watch everything on a massive screen all the time. as for the speakers- yes, I would definitely leave the grills on, no matter what color I choose. thats what I thought originally. might add a bit of variation with the room with cherry. I know most home theaters the goal is to have the screen wall virtually disappear when watching a movie in the dark, which is why I though maybe the black would be better. 

On another note, which style screen are you planning on using?  I would suggest getting a 2"35 screen and a projector that easily switches between a 2:35 image and the 16x9 tv image.

2 hours ago, Kman said:

well unlike most people- my room is not in the basement. its part of a new addition/remodel and is off the kitchen area on the main floor. behind the screen wall partial is a bathroom, most is just the back of the house. Originally it was just to be a mix-media-living/hangout room. but it kinda evolved to what you see. I know ideally home theaters are designed differently with AT screen and  equipment in its own area etc. But too late to worry about that now. I was leaning towards the RF line only because I already had the surrounds. I also owned the first series RF line and liked them. Honestly never heard the 396s. I'm sure they are stellar. Have to consider the wife factor too. Also a more conventional center center would work better height wise not to obstruct any type of projection screen fixed or motorized that I install. Trust me there are many things after the fact you say to yourself that you would do differently. If this was the only room that was in the plans probably more thought could have been invested. But kitchens, bathrooms etc were also in the plans so there was a lot going on all at once. 

Speakers behind an AT screen is a cleaner look but personally I prefer to see my gear. Having the RF-7iis out and toed in will help greatly when you want to put on some music as well. With the speakers "seeing" each other and the sound treatment you have, you will get a holographic soundstage that is so good it gets creepy sometimes. (WTF is Gene Simmons doing in my house...)  Also, amazing job with the room and its good to see someone give a lot of thought with sound treatments. I have seen a lot of high end theaters with bare walls which diminishes the experience greatly. Have you decided on subwoofers yet?

Seems like black might be the winner here, and for the color scheme of the room, I think I would lean that way to. However, I personally own the cherry RF-7 II's and I love the finish on them. This is a picture of them at my old place, but you can get an idea of what the color looks like.

58b46e33cfd00_photo(1).thumb.JPG.6c62979ee0114fb5a0bcf8689b30d1d1.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shodrewken said:

Seems like black might be the winner here, and for the color scheme of the room, I think I would lean that way to. However, I personally own the cherry RF-7 II's and I love the finish on them. This is a picture of them at my old place, but you can get an idea of what the color looks like.

58b46e33cfd00_photo(1).thumb.JPG.6c62979ee0114fb5a0bcf8689b30d1d1.JPG

so nice- not making my decision any easier. yours seem a bit darker than Youthmans mock up picture. maybe there is hope after all.......