RF7II black or cherry?

Kman

So now that I have the room done. I need to start buying equipment. Including front speakers ( already have the surrounds). Was going to go for the RP280's but figured I would go for the RF7II's instead ( already have the RS62II's). But not sure If I should go with black ( which would blend better with the front) or cherry. I like the look of the cherry but ascetically not sure if black would be better. any thoughts? I know when the lights go down they sound the same anyways.....

3b.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Only way I'd go for cherry is if you waited until later this year and got the new RF-7III's with the matte black baffle, that would look pretty nice.  

thought about that- but figured some good deals to be had on the current line since the newer ones will be out this year. would probably be a while for any significant price drop on the III series.  

36 minutes ago, Kman said:

thought about that- but figured some good deals to be had on the current line since the newer ones will be out this year. 

Same deals as always and will be for awhile, they're not really on closeout.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kman said:

So now that I have the room done. I need to start buying equipment. Including front speakers ( already have the surrounds). Was going to go for the RP280's but figured I would go for the RF7II's instead ( already have the RS62II's). But not sure If I should go with black ( which would blend better with the front) or cherry. I like the look of the cherry but ascetically not sure if black would be better. any thoughts? I know when the lights go down they sound the same anyways.....

3b.jpg

3.jpg

Your room is awesome!  I would definitely go with black speakers.  

I'm surprised the black finish is winning the votes. Always thought cherry was the preferred. But I understand the color scheme of the room does lend itself to the black finish. which is fine. The cherry finish to me always screamed more high-end. But I could live with either for sure. thanks everyone so far for your input. Appreciated.

• Like 1

Yep I like both woods. Black would look best in there. And me personally, I can't stand the look of the copper drivers on cherry wood. Looks cheesy to me. I like them on cherry speakers where the front is black. That's what I'm most excited about the new ones. Looks way better in my opinion. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tasdom said:

I've always preferred the cherry and as much as I love mine, I'd have to agree with the majority here that black would look best in your theater.. The copper drivers should really pop with your color scheme.

As much as I LOVE the cherry & mahogany finishes, I too agree black will fit PERFECTLY with your color scheme. 

One thing I really like about the new RF-7ii is the front is real wood veneer so you see the wood grain as opposed to the original RF-7 and the RF-83. 

Below you can see the difference between RF-7 (Maple), RF-7ii (Black) and RF-83 (Cherry).  Granted it's not in a black color scheme room but my point is the RF-7ii look very classy even with the black finish.

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-1.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-2.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-3.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-4.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-5.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I forgot, my previous front wall was a grey / black color scheme.  Here is a photo of black RF-7ii in front of it.  Hopefully the photos will help you to see if that's the look you are going for.  I think either way are gorgeous.  It really comes down to a matter of taste but I prefer the contrast of the copper against the black front vs the copper with cherry front.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg