repair help needed

markd

Hello Everyone: Just joined today because of a problem that i hope someone can help me with.1 Tweeter in my Klipsch LaScala is not working,i am the 2nd owner and i have have them about 10 years no problems until now.Is there any repair places to send it to to make sure it is the speaker itself,solder problems? Could it be the crossover? Need some help please.Not really an electrician,just love the sound when all is well..Thanks Mark

Use a voltmeter to compare the resistance of the tweeter in the suspect LaScala to the other one. Disconnect the wires from the speaker while doing this, and pay attention to which wire connects to which terminal. I would think the difference between the two readings should be less than 1 ohm.

Leaving the wires disconnected, turn your voltmeter to A.C. volts and attach your voltmeter leads to the wires. Play some interstation FM noise if you can or the same CD cut, and note the reading on your meter. Bonus if your meter has a Max Hold or other Hold function. Perform the same test with both speakers and compare. They should be very close.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, Peter P. said:

Use a voltmeter to compare the resistance of the tweeter in the suspect LaScala to the other one. Disconnect the wires from the speaker while doing this, and pay attention to which wire connects to which terminal. I would think the difference between the two readings should be less than 1 ohm.

Be sure to set your volt meter to the Ohm setting.  An open reading means a replacement tweeter as good replacement diaphragms are pretty much unavailable.