Klipsch RF 82 II vs RP - 260F

Alarm

Hello. I just came back from the store and listened the R 28F as i wanted to hear how a bigger woofer and the khorn sounds. I must said i was blown away by the sound compared to Dali Zensor 7.

Now on topic, lets forget the R 28F. I am finding at almost the same price the following speakers:
Klipsch RF 82 II and RP - 260F The horn as also the woofer seems to be made from the same materials (different size) . Both are rare firing. I think that i can be sure that if i liked the R 28F i will like also any of those two mentioned.  Yes the RF 82 have 25 Watts more but that is not something i do care about.

Further info:

•  The speakers will be mainly for Blues/Rock music
  • I plan to match them with two RP-160 for home cinema, but priority is music.
  • Lets take space/room size out of the equation

1) Which of those two speakers would you recommend and why?

2) Is there any difference in the RF and RP series ?

3) Which is a better match to the RP-160 ?

4) Does any of those two speakers have a more pronounced highs ?

5) Please suggest other bookshelf speakers if you think that the RP-160 would not match with the RF 82 or the RP 260. Maybe something from the RB series.

6) Is it a "must" to match the woofer size of the towers with the bookshelf ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Alarm

Alarm,

Welcome to the forum.

The RF-82II's sound pretty darn good.  The RP-260F's will be timbre matched to the RP-160M's.  The RB-61II's match the RF-82II's.  I have never heard the RP's but my understanding is that they are a bit smoother in the highs than the RF's.

Not a must to match woofer size but I prefer it.  My family room system is made up of (12) 6.5" drivers.:P

Bill

Keep in mind if you go with the RP-260 speakers, Klipsch is having a limited time promotion offering a free sub woofer with a purchase of a pair of the new Reference Premier models. I have the RF-82 IIs and they are excellent speakers. Definitely a hard decision....

I love my RF-82ii and for the price can't be beat keep an eye on frys.com sign up for there emails promotion deals I got both pair for $460 no tax no shipping can't beat it man. Just waiting for the center RC-62ii to go up on sale. But good luck with the one you go for

3 hours ago, mar0579 said:

Yeah that's $359 frys.com be having them on sale for $134 lol but that will be my last option

Or $204 lol....the $134 promotion is I guess in store only and the day it came out it let me ship the speaker to my house and no tax online for $204. Later that day it was not longer available for shipping and back up to the 359 price. Great price for me because I do not live near a Frys.  Got the RF-82s for 450 for the pair shipped . Defiantly keep checking the Frys ads.

• Like 1

the $134 deal on the rc62ii was really hard to get unless you live in CA. i looked the couple times they were on sale and many stores were listed as unavailable. kind of hope the rf82ii goes on sale again before stock is exhausted. i wouldn't mind trying a pair for that $400-460 price they sell at

• Like 1

I finally went with the RP Series and ordered following:

1x RP 250c
2x RP-260f
2x RP-160

I now have read somewhere that there are some deals for Klipsch, like free subwoofer . I could not find anything in the European region. Any ideas about this ?

• Like 1

the $134 deal on the rc62ii was really hard to get unless you live in CA. i looked the couple times they were on sale and many stores were listed as unavailable. kind of hope the rf82ii goes on sale again before stock is exhausted. i wouldn't mind trying a pair for that $400-460 price they sell at

The rf82ii going on sale tomorrow signed up for the code they're going up for $229 it says in store only but add it then add the promo code you have to do it early as they'll run out of free shipping option. I'm on the east coast and I usually get the emails with the code around 6-7am and they having the r-115sw sub for $419 with the wireless kit good luck.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mar0579 said:

The rf82ii going on sale tomorrow signed up for the code they're going up for $229 it says in store only but add it then add the promo code you have to do it early as they'll run out of free shipping option. I'm on the east coast and I usually get the emails with the code around 6-7am and they having the r-115sw sub for $419 with the wireless kit good luck.

Unfortunately, they won't ship the r-115sw sub. 

8 hours ago, Alarm said:

I finally went with the RP Series and ordered following:

1x RP 250c
2x RP-260f
2x RP-160

I now have read somewhere that there are some deals for Klipsch, like free subwoofer . I could not find anything in the European region. Any ideas about this ?

Congrats Alarm, how do you like them so far? Music and movies sound good on them? 

2 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Congrats Alarm, how do you like them so far? Music and movies sound good on them? 

I don't know yet. I ordered them yesterday. So i will have them in a couple of weeks. Listening the R-28F and the RP-250F in the store i was amazed. I hope i won't be disappointed with the RP-260F

I like the fact of the dynamic sound and how much different they sound from other speakers. I've heard the Dali Zensor 7 as also the Zensor 5 and other speakers. Most of them have a very generic/default sound. Good speakers (Dali) i must admit, but they sounded like all-purpose speakers for music. On the other side Klipsch was amazing. I could hear all the details. I was listening to the live of Hotel California and it sounded much different. Like a remastered version. Very nice.

I will drop a few lines once i receive them with my thoughts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mar0579 said:

there has never been shipping on the rf82ii @199 or 229 as far as i know. all have been marked in store and the shipping option goes away at checkout even if it initially allows you to.

Last week I had a pair of RF 82 II's in my cart and they were all set for free shipping to me. I chickened out during checkout since I had no place to actually go with them but if you get in early I think they offer shipping for the first batches and change it later in the day. In fact I went back into Fry's online later that same day and you could no longer ask for shipping. Quirky as hell but it does happen

there has never been shipping on the rf82ii @199 or 229 as far as i know. all have been marked in store and the shipping option goes away at checkout even if it initially allows you to.

FYI,
I got both rf-82ii for $229 each and today I had the r-115sw on my cart for $419 free shipping and no tax including the wireless kit why I didn't get it because I just bought the R-12sw for $219 2 weeks ago. Trust me they go on sale with free shipping.

5 minutes ago, mar0579 said:

FYI,
I got both rf-82ii for $229 each and today I had the r-115sw on my cart for $419 free shipping and no tax including the wireless kit why I didn't get it because I just bought the R-12sw for $219 2 weeks ago. Trust me they go on sale with free shipping.

today? the code doesn't even get released until tonight around 130am pst? that's not even possible. the sub is able to be bought today but not the 82s 

if you were able to checkout with the sub i would be really surprised if it ships. maybe some slip though the cracks but they aren't suppose to. free shipping exists at full price but not promo. they would almost certainly be losing money shipping at this price on either item 

today? the code doesn't even get released until tonight around 130am pst? that's not even possible. the sub is able to be bought today but not the 82s 

if you were able to checkout with the sub i would be really surprised if it ships. maybe some slip though the cracks but they aren't suppose to

Ok just helping the community don't believe is ok I have what I need sitting in my living room at the price I said before [emoji111]️later everyone
  • Like 1

Just now, mar0579 said:

Ok just helping the community don't believe is ok I have what I need sitting in my living room at the price I said before emoji111.png️later everyone

help is great sir but it's not something that can be replicated. if you were able to get one shipped at one point you were very lucky. 

I don't know yet. I ordered them yesterday. So i will have them in a couple of weeks. Listening the R-28F and the RP-250F in the store i was amazed. I hope i won't be disappointed with the RP-260F

I like the fact of the dynamic sound and how much different they sound from other speakers. I've heard the Dali Zensor 7 as also the Zensor 5 and other speakers. Most of them have a very generic/default sound. Good speakers (Dali) i must admit, but they sounded like all-purpose speakers for music. On the other side Klipsch was amazing. I could hear all the details. I was listening to the live of Hotel California and it sounded much different. Like a remastered version. Very nice.

I will drop a few lines once i receive them with my thoughts.

Hey op. I almost have the same set up. Rp260f Rp250cRp240s

I have not been disappointed. In fact I have been very impressed. These are my first klipsch and coming from paradigm.

They are very detailed and clear. Bought mine for HT and they excelled past my expectations. Some pink floyd on the rp260f rock. I honestly think unless klipsch drasticly changes anything I'll probably never change brands. I didn't mention the low end because we all know what klipsch can do.

Just curious what avr your using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk