Nice La Scalas -- DFW

J M O N

Seems everything is overpriced in Texas.  Here in Houston, there's a nice pair of Chorus II for 1,700!  A bad pair of Chorus II(missing veneer, poor condition black cabinets, reglued passives, missing screws, mismatched set, one top has been spray painted solid black) for $900!   2 Pairs of La Scalas for 2k to 2,700. A Pair of Forte I for $700! I blame it all on this 1 guy who buys and sells a lot of Klipsch for hundreds of dollars over the average price and then everyone else comes in and tries to sell their speakers based on his prices and won't accept anything less b/c they believe that is the fair price. Now you see $700-$800 Forte I's all the time lol..

1 hour ago, Maximus89 said:

Seems everything is overpriced in Texas.  Here in Houston, there's a nice pair of Chorus II for 1,700!  A bad pair of Chorus II(missing veneer, poor condition black cabinets, reglued passives, missing screws, mismatched set, one top has been spray painted solid black) for $900!   2 Pairs of La Scalas for 2k to 2,700. A Pair of Forte I for $700! I blame it all on this 1 guy who buys and sells a lot of Klipsch for hundreds of dollars over the average price and then everyone else comes in and tries to sell their speakers based on his prices and won't accept anything less b/c they believe that is the fair price. Now you see $700-$800 Forte I's all the time lol..

I'm sure law of supply & demand is at work.  if inventory in that condition is bringing prices like that, obviously some are willing to pay it.  at some point you'd think it's GOT to top out.  hard to say at what price that will be tho

2 hours ago, -js- said:

I'm sure law of supply & demand is at work.  if inventory in that condition is bringing prices like that, obviously some are willing to pay it.  at some point you'd think it's GOT to top out.  hard to say at what price that will be tho

Or the "flippers" will crash and burn.

4 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

2-3 of these were in charlotte area. It was cheaper to buy on ebay and pick up or even ship it over. They got the message and pretty much gave up trying to flip audio (or are pityfully unsuccessful at it).

Cool.

Srinath.

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, and I need some for my crawl space, next to the sump pump....

Uh Jimbo

I had to move a pair of KG4s when I was checking the sump. I thought it was a nice touch in the bathroom, built into a wall unit was a Nak Dragon receiver and cassette deck with KG2s over the vanity. I could bring my own music or dial in a station before the requisite shit, shower, shave routine to start the day. Then it was on to the Big House for a great time. If you get invited to spend time at his place, bring what you want on cassette or dial it in. Spotify was a nice touch

Mark

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Did you give @Maximus89 a PM?  He was looking for some LS.

Thanks for the heads up.  Don't have the funds for La Scalas at this very moment, though.  Maybe by next month and I'm also going to be up in Austin next month, so I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

3 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

o I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  

I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

That's how a Klipsch man talks! 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Maximus89 said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Don't have the funds for La Scalas at this very moment, though.  Maybe by next month and I'm also going to be up in Austin next month, so I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

Let me know if you're interested in the ones I have.