Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
JMON

Nice La Scalas -- DFW

Recommended Posts

nice looking speakers there.  but wow! - $2500 worth of nice?!?  :o   wow.  as much as I'd like to have a pair, umm... maybe overpriced?  /sarcasm off  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems everything is overpriced in Texas.  Here in Houston, there's a nice pair of Chorus II for 1,700!  A bad pair of Chorus II(missing veneer, poor condition black cabinets, reglued passives, missing screws, mismatched set, one top has been spray painted solid black) for $900!   2 Pairs of La Scalas for 2k to 2,700. A Pair of Forte I for $700! I blame it all on this 1 guy who buys and sells a lot of Klipsch for hundreds of dollars over the average price and then everyone else comes in and tries to sell their speakers based on his prices and won't accept anything less b/c they believe that is the fair price. Now you see $700-$800 Forte I's all the time lol..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I need some speakers for my attic system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T2K said:

 

I need some speakers for my attic system.

 

wow.  you guys are too much for a noob like me.  attic system ?    my gf would have a fit.   :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maximus89 said:

Seems everything is overpriced in Texas.  Here in Houston, there's a nice pair of Chorus II for 1,700!  A bad pair of Chorus II(missing veneer, poor condition black cabinets, reglued passives, missing screws, mismatched set, one top has been spray painted solid black) for $900!   2 Pairs of La Scalas for 2k to 2,700. A Pair of Forte I for $700! I blame it all on this 1 guy who buys and sells a lot of Klipsch for hundreds of dollars over the average price and then everyone else comes in and tries to sell their speakers based on his prices and won't accept anything less b/c they believe that is the fair price. Now you see $700-$800 Forte I's all the time lol..

 

I'm sure law of supply & demand is at work.  if inventory in that condition is bringing prices like that, obviously some are willing to pay it.  at some point you'd think it's GOT to top out.  hard to say at what price that will be tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I tried to deal with the guy once on some Cornwall. Gave me a p price, then went up. Missing a badge among other things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T2K said:

 

I need some speakers for my attic system.

Yea, and I need some for my crawl space, next to the sump pump....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone ever told you that maybe you should get out more often?  (or get out at all?  :P )

into the out of doors, with sunlight, fresh air etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -js- said:

 

I'm sure law of supply & demand is at work.  if inventory in that condition is bringing prices like that, obviously some are willing to pay it.  at some point you'd think it's GOT to top out.  hard to say at what price that will be tho

 

Or the "flippers" will crash and burn.

 

4 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Seems everything is overpriced in Texas.  Here in Houston, there's a nice pair of Chorus II for 1,700!  A bad pair of Chorus II(missing veneer, poor condition black cabinets, reglued passives, missing screws, mismatched set, one top has been spray painted solid black) for $900!   2 Pairs of La Scalas for 2k to 2,700. A Pair of Forte I for $700! I blame it all on this 1 guy who buys and sells a lot of Klipsch for hundreds of dollars over the average price and then everyone else comes in and tries to sell their speakers based on his prices and won't accept anything less b/c they believe that is the fair price. Now you see $700-$800 Forte I's all the time lol..

 

2-3 of these were in charlotte area. It was cheaper to buy on ebay and pick up or even ship it over. They got the message and pretty much gave up trying to flip audio (or are pityfully unsuccessful at it).

Cool.

Srinath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, and I need some for my crawl space, next to the sump pump....

Uh Jimbo

I had to move a pair of KG4s when I was checking the sump. I thought it was a nice touch in the bathroom, built into a wall unit was a Nak Dragon receiver and cassette deck with KG2s over the vanity. I could bring my own music or dial in a station before the requisite shit, shower, shave routine to start the day. Then it was on to the Big House for a great time. If you get invited to spend time at his place, bring what you want on cassette or dial it in. Spotify was a nice touch

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudy81 said:

They are only worth what folks are willing to pay for them.

 

 

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I'm selling a pair in DFW for only $1,400

 

Did you give @Maximus89 a PM?  He was looking for some LS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

 

Did you give @Maximus89 a PM?  He was looking for some LS.

 

 

Thanks for the heads up.  Don't have the funds for La Scalas at this very moment, though.  Maybe by next month and I'm also going to be up in Austin next month, so I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

o I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  

 

I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

 

That's how a Klipsch man talks! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Maximus89 said:

 

Thanks for the heads up.  Don't have the funds for La Scalas at this very moment, though.  Maybe by next month and I'm also going to be up in Austin next month, so I'll have a decent drive to San Antonio or Dallas to find some LS if there are none in Austin at that time.  I'm going to borrow my Dad's van just in case I find a pair so that I have the room.

Let me know if you're interested in the ones I have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...