Cornwall II's in Philly for $550

onemoretime

The ad says they're not working, but for the knowledgeable Klipshite who knows how to troubleshoot, these might be a bargain.  I only have a couple of sales noted from San Diego, but the average price was $990 for the Cornwall II, the avg price for the Cornwall I is $829. 

Why do I make that distinction?

The ad says Cornwall II but the sticker says Cornwall, S/N Sn 24U656, so 1980.  The Cornwall II name was used starting in 1982, 83, something around then.

Could these be the confusing transition model, Cornwall 1.5?

1 hour ago, Maximus89 said:

I think he means the diaphragms are not working. Could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me. 

You sure could be right.  Maybe he meant to use a comma instead of a period.

These speakers are the same parts as Klipchorn except you don't need corner placement. I feel In love with Klipschorn but my room don't have the corners for them, so Cornwall is the answer. As far as I know, the parts are the same as klipschorn.

These horns need new diaphragms to sing again. currently not working.

If I were buying them I sure would want to check them out carefully to see which drivers work and which don't.  It could be the difference between getting a good deal or buying a money pit that needs one of everything.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, wvu80 said:

The ad says they're not working, but for the knowledgeable Klipshite who knows how to troubleshoot, these might be a bargain.  I only have a couple of sales noted from San Diego, but the average price was $990 for the Cornwall II, the avg price for the Cornwall I is $829. 

Why do I make that distinction?

The ad says Cornwall II but the sticker says Cornwall, S/N Sn 24U656, so 1980.  The Cornwall II name was used starting in 1982, 83, something around then.

Could these be the confusing transition model, Cornwall 1.5?

Well, the CW stopped using the letter (year) designation, I think, in 83'. I have a pair of 84' CW-II's with a serial number's are all digits. BUT!! Even though they have the driver/network internals of a CW-II, the drivers (K33, K57k, K79 and B3's) were all mounted on the inside. So, yea, they definitely fall into the un-official CW 1.5 category.

So, I was wanting, at least, the K55 mid driver so I sold all of the original internals and put together CornScalas with Dave Harris' mid-horn and Mr. Crites' B2 network. Haven't looked back since.